Blowin Freeze Plug

Coal Burner

The rear freeze plug blew out on my '98 12v, I'm going to start to build the motor. I want to do twins, pump work, sticks, lines and cam. My ? is what kind of blow off system can I go with? How much, where to get one?

:thankyou2: , Chris

Coal Burner said:
The rear freeze plug blew out on my '98 12v, I'm going to start to build the motor. I want to do twins, pump work, sticks, lines and cam. My ? is what kind of blow off system can I go with? How much, where to get one?

:thankyou2: , Chris

enterprise engine sells a blow valve system and billet freeze plugs. they also sell an electric water pump if you want to go that route. ask to many questions on the pump and this thread will locked up in no time.

Not so funny to me but I have had that dam rear plug fall out of both my 24 and 12 engines. This time I got the bypass kit from Piers, it was a lot easier to put on than trying to pound a frost plug in with the tranny in the way

here is a bracket I made with scrap hanging around the shop to prevent this on mine. It bolts to the 2 holes on either side of the plug. Of coruse this does not fix the pressure problem, but it will keep that hard to get to plug from popping out. hopefully.:rockwoot:

shopstuff007.jpg

shopstuff008.jpg

its more of a big rpm issue then a power issue. if your spinning 3500-4000+ its not a bad preventive measure.

I am in the process of overhauling my engine and I am looking into this issue. I am toying around with the idea of tapping the block to 2" NPT. It looks as if a 2" pipe plug will go right in.

what do you all think?

I am not concerned with the truck freezing and cracking the block.

thanks
Fnschlaud4620

Back