Blown head gaskets!!

You can get the gaskets fairly cheap, but the labor involves pulling the cab or motor. Probably upwards of 2 grand.

gaskets went up they are around 120-150 each I believe.

labor is like 20+ hours I think.

how big a pain would be to do it as it sits? I'm semi-profficient at working on motors and trannies, but this 6.0 looks a little intimidating. If i could read the workshop manuals I'd feel alot better about doin 'em myself. should I just take it in?

I think that although it is possible to do with the cab on, it is not easy if you have never done it. The rear bolts are such a pain to get at. I would pay someone unless you can lift the cab or pull the engine. Know anyone with a lift in your area?

I usually pulled the engine when I worked at the dealership. I have done one with the engine in the truck. the 6.0 does look intimidating but it is not that bad. all the covers and modules on top of the engine come off pretty easily and take away alot of the intimidating appearance.

Im droping it at the dealer in the morning, i really dont have the time to mess with it, thanks for the input guys.

yep gettin them too. Gosh its gonna be expensive!! Oh well I'll bite the bullet

Back