blown horn fuse blown no instrument cluster or radio?

smokinonstrong

95 2wd 5speed 435k on odometer If I stick a 20amp in the horn circuit it sparks without the truck running and smoke comes outta the fuse box...removed quickly! have no horn, no guages on the intrument cluster work and no radio, but the interior lights, turn signals and headlights work and the truck runs and starts and drives fine. Any suggestions? A dead short somewhere I assume, any common short issues with this year?

still haven't been able to locate the problem and still getting smoke from the fuse box under the hood when I try to put in a 20amp fuse....any help would be much appriciated as I'm sure the serpentine is gonna break and I won't know about it without guages....it feels relentless to pull a trailer! haha

Well duh, put a circuit breaker in place of the fuse. Tempoary loss of power to that
circuit will give you time to fine the problem. Don't believe everything you hear and nothing you can't see, mainly current.

unplug the things that fuse powers and replace the fuse. if it doesnt pop then start plugging things back in one by one til it pops/smokes again. that'll narrow down your search for the problem a lot

Back