Blown motor, whats it worth???

littlehandegan

I have a 2006 Dodge 2500HD Black on Black - fully loaded (no nav)

- Lariat, 4dr, short bed. 5.9L cummins, auto. Leather, heated seats. 90,000 miles. 5inch lift and 37'' tires with all less than 5,000 miles on them.

My trucks motor recently blew, everything else is awesome on the truck, very clean, never dogged etc.

The dealer is offering 10,500 to buy it outright.

What could I realistically get for this truck? It's a very clean truck!

Thanks guys!

it would probably be worth your time to find a good used engine for 4000 and put it in.. if you look around you might even find one for less

Buy me a 6.7 complete runner and I'll give you my good running 07 5.9.

I think most on here would offer you $12000 if it is as clean as you say. But, if it needs a block (i.e. hole in side) many lose interest. I bought my 05 back in 08 for 6400 with a miss and a lot of blowby. Drove it into the trailer. What is the engine problem? Oh, and your location. This may encourage some to send you a pm and make an offer.

Unless you find a motor yourself and do all the work yourself, a good running motor will run you around 6k. You can figure another 1k for labor and odd parts to get the job completed. Nice clean trucks like that can fetch 18-20k.

Last edited:
etwf0y.jpg

Truck is in Mississipi. Has a clean title, calling the dealer today

Cylenders warp? So you just news pistons, rings, punch the cylenders .020, and gaskets and bearings. And injectors. Not too much trouble there. Like I said find me a good 6.7 and I'll give you 5.9

I agree with Chris. I know personally that if I lived closer I would probably offer you something close to that 12 grand mark

Load it on a trailer haul ass AWAY from the dealership and find a good shop to help you out.

Load it on a trailer haul ass AWAY from the dealership and find a good shop to help you out.

^^^Agreed, there are many places that can take care of that for you, remove and rebuild that sucker. Make it better than before, or just go back to stock. If the head has not been off to tell damage, it may not be as bad as once thought. Just my .02