Blown turbo after EFI

12valve

Diesel Boy
Does the autocal change wastegate settings?

Been running autocal level 2 for about a month now, and this week the turbo blew up.

Truck is completly stock besides efi and straight pipe.

What turbo would be suggested keeping stock injectors, for now, at 6900 feet elevation?

Stock turbo is designed for stock. Many of us get lucky. Just because you are unfortunate, don't blame the programming. Slap a 62-66 on there and have some real fun.

Does the autocal change wastegate settings?

Autocal didn't change anything. Only the tuner who put the tunes in it can make changes. Stock charger have their limits as most on here know. Like stated throw a 62mm or 64mm s300 on there and have fun. Gotta pay to play my friend.

I've had my waste gate setting at 70 for the last 1 1/2 years and I've never had an issue...

We tune the truck, yes we do alter the wastegate settings. We have not had a high failure rate with stock turbos, but we have seen a few go. I have workstock pullers on He351s making 45-50psi of boost. They are tough little chargers, but even they have their limits.

being at 6900 feet elevation causes the turbocharger shaft speed to increase as well, probably not the whole cause but possibly a contributing factor.

My stock 351 said goodbye twice. Once stock and once with a smarty so I wouldn't think it would be the tuners fault. Some are lucky some aren't.

I'm pushing 50 psi on my stock he351 with 50 horse sticks as well. No problems yet besides the turbo backlash it guess you could call it if I let off to hard

Check for boost leaks as well..
A boost leak combined with elevation will overspeed a charger quick like.