Bluechip FMS upgraded to Redline vs factory Redline vs Redline unlmtd.

CumminsCrazed

Hey guys, im a bout to seal the deal on a Bluechip FMS box, and i will be upgrading it to the Redline immediately after purchase.

What im wondering is if there is any differences between upgrading an FMS to a redline vs a factory bought redline. I wanna make sure im getting everything they factory redline would have given me.

Also, whats the diff between the factory redline and the redline unlimited. My truck is built to rev way beyond 4000rpm and ive read some guys are getting 4500+ out of their redlines, is that a factory redline or a redline unlimited that allows over 4000 rpm. Also, if its a redline unlimited is that something i can send the box in for to be enabled or how does a guy go about getting the redline unlimited.

thanks guys, hope i can get some solid answers here.

both, but with trans and clutch set up more apt to pull than race, but it will be doing both

Are they still doing the programming part? I thought the just were selling vp44s

I knew a local guy that ran a redline unlimited and was able to spin it upwards of 4k+. Was in a pull truck. If you have the supporting mods they should be able to turn high rpm

Why not just try the fms box first. Going to the redline with your stock turbo will net you nothing. Imo i wouldnt upgrade it and ive had both. The only thing i notice is the fms shuts off in 6th gear at 3200rpm but pulls past that in every other gear. Call bluechip about upgrading and you will get all the info you need.

I have a 64mm turbo. Also this is the reply I got from bluechip. Def no the easy/cheap upgrade everyone has said it is.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-10-13-10-41-48.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-10-13-10-41-48.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 0
Even with a 64 i wouldnt upgrade. Depending on injectors the redline always performed best with lower fueling % that the fms offers. If you really think you need the rpm go for it its just $700 but you should try the fms first imo. The redline unlimited was horrible on the street even turned down. The fms seems to have more progressive fueling where the redline just goes max fuel.

Bought as redline I think. Its red............lol......
I never used it, just made sure it worked.

You at all Interested in selling? Tom at bluechip was pretty rude to me tonight so I really don't feel like giving them any money.

Not really........but make an offer. Its just sitting on a desk at the shop for the last 1.5 years.........Or you can try it and see if its your cup-o-tea........THEN make offer.

Back