BNIB QSB 480 CR Coated Pistons .020" ove

StuckinMud

Absolutely Clueless....
Brand new QSB 480 5.9 Cummins Pistons .020" oversize, Cummins ring package and new Cummins wrist pins.

These pistons have been double heat treated during manufacturing and used in marine or in our case performance applications. They are known to be 30% stronger than the auto version.

Purchased new from Jeff at Mumau Diesel. They were then sent to Swain Tech for the piston coating treatment. The pistons are packaged extremely well and ready to ship UPS ground with next day air service available if needed.

These pistons have Swain Tech Gold Coat piston tops and PC9 on the skirts.

Gold Coat™ – Ceramic Thermal Barrier designed specifically for pistons in extreme environments such as nitrous, turbo, and superchargers. About .003” thick.

PC-9™ – Extremely durable lubricating coating for piston skirts, gears and other parts. About .0008” thick when applied to piston skirts. Can be used to tighten clearance by adding up to .004” on some piston skirts

Price: $1,400.00 Shipped with insurance for the selling price.
Payment can be done thru PayPal, check or certified funds. Full payment must clear before I ship them. I will send you tracking info once your payment has cleared.

WP_20141006_13_21_41_Pro_zpsb569ee2a.jpg

Why QSB...

Think of it this way.. A marine engine can and will be exposed to 100% load capacity for long durations of time. Hours and hours working its way across the sea.

An automotive application will only see short bursts of heavy load capacity, once a vehicle is up to speed the work is done and its load will drop to 5-15% just to maintain cruise. At the most it will see extended loads while pulling up a grade... but how many grades can really challenge hours of wide open fueling across an ocean?

Given the design considerations of the two scenarios which one would you rather start your build with?

That's why I started with these... however I have since moved to a totally different project and the Cummins was parted out... now's your chance to pick up some really nice parts.

Last edited:
OK wanting these gone asap.

Deal sweetener.

New price includes shipping

Yes that is 200.00 more!

Why because now it includes a full set of good working QSB480 fuel injectors !!!!

Yes really!

what injector spray angle would someone have to run with these?
if it is easier just shoot me a text 610 nine zero five 2833 thank you

Last edited:
Picture of the injectors! How would they work in a street application with EFI tuning?

The bosh motorsport/ marine injectors are the same spray angle as the 03-04. Which can be used in the 05-07. You cannot use the 05-07 in the 03-04.

They work great in a street application. I Ra them for 15k in an 05 Cr with smarty tuning on the street. Efi would be better because you have more control than a smarty.

Sold these last night shipped out this morning. Thanks everyone who was interested.