Boost and fuel issue

farmboy1989

I was running stock gov springs and stock injectors with a modded plate full forward and afc forward and it pulled pretty hard at all rpm and mph and I could get 42 psi boost, hx35 with boost elbow. My truck is the 215 hp version. I put new 320 hp marine injectors by harts diesel in and 3k gsk kit at the same time. My results are lost boost and the power curve seems a little flat. I can only get 35 psi and really more like 32. It pulls hard up to about 25 psi then the boost builds slow and the truck doesn't pull as hard. Already checked for boost leaks and I removed the plate, made sure the afc housing was slid full forward, and got no change. If I remember right the spring measurement was in the .065 ballpark. I am leaning toward a spring setting issue. I have a adjustable overflow valve on the way for the pump and gauge to make sure my pump is not running out of fuel. Any other ideas ? Tighten or loosen the springs ?

Tighten them up. You see a change in idle? Don't run a bunch of timing with them injectors. Go by clicks on the springs. If the idle hangs you know they are too tight.

Last edited:
Well I measured them with calipers to set them back where they were. Timing is approx 16.5. I had to adjust the idle down after install but had plenty of room to get it where I wanted it. So should I tighten them a click ?