Boost fooler??????????

Warpig

12V killer
I think my converted truck needs a boost fooler. Lately after a hard run my tranny goes into limp mode (starts in 2nd gear). Anyone else have this issue??? Prior to the conversion I had a boost fooler from my electronic box/programmer. I did the conversion in Novermer, but this issue only started about 3 weeks ago.

Tim

That is a line pressure issue...... Your trans has no Idea what boost you are at.

I think my converted truck needs a boost fooler. Lately after a hard run my tranny goes into limp mode (starts in 2nd gear). Anyone else have this issue??? Prior to the conversion I had a boost fooler from my electronic box/programmer. I did the conversion in Novermer, but this issue only started about 3 weeks ago.

Tim

Tim, I have the diodes here for a boost fooler, just need to push one into the back of the map sensor plug. I had to buy 50 of them when i bought the one for mine, let me know if you want to give it a try, at the very least its a free way to see if thats what your problem is.

That is a line pressure issue...... Your trans has no Idea what boost you are at.

Tim, I do have a map sensor, and something electronic does know what boost I'm at. I think it may be a bad gov. solenoid, I have a spare and I'll give it a try. My pcm is fooled with a diode which I did replace to rule that out. And, no I will not drink a gallon of milk or stuff marshmallows in my mouth!! :hehe:

Ryan, thanks for the offer, I have a few diodes hanging around. If the new solenoid doesn't do the trick, I'll give your suggestion a try.

Haven't tried anything yet. I'll replace the gov. solenoid this week when I replace the torque converter.