both pumps gone!!

cumminonu

just talked to the local dodge dealer...close to $4000 because of a bad lift pump and bad injection pump. does anyone have suggestions on how to get a cheaper fix??? its a 99 24v

That is a dealer mark-up. Check the vendors on here, you should be able to get both the IP and LP in aftermarket versions for less than 2k, and install should not be that much, it takes a few hours to swap one out and install a LP.

just talked to the local dodge dealer...close to $4000 because of a bad lift pump and bad injection pump. does anyone have suggestions on how to get a cheaper fix??? its a 99 24v

WOW they are tryin to bend you over the barrel! Sounds like they want to charge you over 2K for labor. I wouldnt take it to the dealer. If you are handy with a wrench, Id do it myself. If not then take it to a small diesel shop, surely they can beat that price. I mean buy the parts from vendors on here to get the best price and then take it to a diesel shop and have them install everything.

yea that sounds alot more reasonable...where can i find a list of vendors on here?

If you were a bit closer I could help ya out. A VP44 truck that needs a pump usually leaves our shop for about $2000-$2200 with a new lift pump fuel filter and reman injection pump. Last I heard the Dodge dealers were selling Cummins Remans for $2400.

Were are you at in NC? There's a pump shop in Greensboro that I've dealt with and they are reasonable on pump prices. Diesel Equipment Company is the name of the shop. You can get your lift pump from Cummins.