bowl volume.

RonA

To quickly measure volume you need the following items.
Gram scale.
thin sheet of flat flastic with about a 1/4" hole off center near eadge of bowl.
Crisco.

Attachments

• cc's 001.jpg
    cc's 001.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 0
Out a thin layer of cisco on top of the pistons edge and press the plastic on top with the 1/4" hole right at the edge of the bow. Weigh it on gram scale.

Attachments

• cc's 002.jpg
    cc's 002.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 0
Tilt the piston slightly with the 1/4" hole to the top and fill with tap water. Fill slowly and try to get all the bubbles out. dry off the piston and the top of the plastic and then weigh again. Water weighs 1 gram per cc. I know this is old hat, but I find alot of people asking how to check.

Attachments

• cc's 003.jpg
    cc's 003.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 0
I had a syringe that I used. Syringe was marked in CC's.

I used a turkey baster (sp?) marked with cc's. I didn't tell the wife what I was doing with it. :hehe:

I used a turkey baster (sp?) marked with cc's. I didn't tell the wife what I was doing with it. :hehe:

That's some funny chit right there...

....I think I've made off with 2 of 'em now, for various removal of fluids from areas that ain't 'sposed to be wet...oh yeah, in engines I meant...

Whatever way works for you. I have more scales down at the shop than turkey basters.
On a side note, I wasn't sure how to spell baster so I googled "turkey baster" and checked the spelling. I clicked on it and they showed a visual aide. They are soo helpfull on google.

Attachments

• turkey_baster.jpg
    turkey_baster.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
good lord!

I think for checking the size of those in cc's, I would prefer your method with the crisco... :Cheer:

Back