Brake issues.

bd blk 12v

Fixen broken bulldogs
Hello guys my brother has a 99 24v with hydro boost. He has replaced the hydro boost pump master cylinder and bled the brakes. The pedal goes to the floor and acts like it has manual drums. The brakes will lock up so the abs is not working. What would be the first place to start? I have 2 12vs both with regular vacuum assisted brakes. I appreciate the help.

is it pulling to one side or another? just locking up? not braking well at all?

if it's pulling to one side or another it's a caliper or hose up front. don't overlook hoses. I replaced/rebuilt a drivers caliper 3 times before I did the hose and wala. same for the rear. the rear may not pull one way or the other since it has only one hose. if pedal is hard it still may be collapsed hose. my pedal is way softer now with the new hoses.

The truck doesn't pull any particular way. The pedal feels soft and doesn't engage unless it's pushed way far. If you push the pedal down and brake the pedal is way slow to return back up. I appreciate the help.

Be positive you got the air out. Open a bleeder a have a buddy slam the pedal to the floor. Have it held to the floor until you tighten the bleeder. Bet you have lots of air in it.

The master was bench blead. I will try the bleeding at the wheel cyls and calipers. The brakes work the pedal is just spongy and very slow to return. I have to use my foot to bring the pedal back.

Almost sounds like the booster. I have replaced them with rebuilt units and they were just as good as the junk I just pulled out of it!