Brake lights and controller randomly coming on

Straightpiped

I am looking for some direction as to what could cause this. My brake lights are randomly coming on. It does it both while I am driving down the road or just sitting in my driveway. I just put a brand new brake switch it and nothing changed. When they come on my trailer brake controller comes on as well. Another crazy thing, they will still come on even when the fuse under the hood is pulled. Also, they have come on while the cruise is on and it does not interrupt the cruise at all. Could it be something in the wiring for the trailer brakes? I have a 7-pin and 4-pin at the hitch and a 7-pin in the bed. I tow a 12k lb+ boat with full electric brakes and would hate for them to lock up randomly while driving down the road.

Some brake controllers turn on the brake lights when you slide the manual lever on the brake control. The micro switch in the controller can go bad and turn on the lights randomly. What kind of Brake control? Odyssey's and Activator's are notorious for it.

My '04 acts similarly though I haven't pulled the fuse. I've been told the brake pedal switch hangs. Mine I can lift the brake pedal with my foot and fix the problem temporarily.

You have a controller issue, had one doing the same thing in my 94', removed the controller and all was well.

Husky is a relabled Valley Odyssey. It it your problem. If you find a good dealer they are lifetime guaranteed.