Brake problem on a 98 1500 NEED HELP ASAP!!

thegoodman97

Yea i know its not a diesel but but i got a98 1500 eclb auto that when you push in the brake pedal it goes all the way to threservoire floor. It stops it kinda but not good enough to drive it. I checked the reservoir and its got fluid in it and there isnt any puddles at any or the wheels or reservoir. Need help ASAP please!!

Your stock rubber lines may be bad or air got in. I'd bleed them first then if the problem is still there or you don't get any air out; replace the rubber lines in the front first. I'm not sure if there is a way to check them, but I did have that happen on a jeep.

No problem. I have disc, but they should be self adjusting. You can get new adjusters from advance for ~$20. I hate working on drum brakes. I just buy new backing plates that come with everything for the ones on my trailers. Those are the only drums I mess with.

i think they might be discs, its a SLT Larame so i have no idea its actually not my truck. its my gfs lol

If you have lost some fluid it sounds like a master cylinder problem. If you haven't then I'm not sure.