Broke 12mm head studs

Has anybody ever broke 12mm head studs. just broke one on the ex side by #1 cylinder.

I bought a set of A1's that were soft. The first torque to 96 ftlbs twisted and broke 2 of the studs. I have used ARP's since then.

Most of the time brakeage is due to install error.........IE (Stud bottomed in block causing twisting and breaking)
Brandon

I had 2 broken ones on my 12valve. NOt sure what brand they were as they were already installed. I assume they were ARP cause they were black and the A1 i got from haisely were silver.

Were you lucky enough to not have to pull the head to get it out??

I broke one between 1 and 2 .....
I put in new studs ...... I sent all my old ones to somebody are you looking to replace just that one? I'm sure they would send it to you because they only needed two of each

They were A1 studs, 2 more busted off when they were taking them out. Has anybody talked to A1 about this. The trucks a scheids now, thats where i had it fire ringed 2 years ago. Going with 14mm studs this time.

I broke one between 1 and 2 .....
I put in new studs ...... I sent all my old ones to somebody are you looking to replace just that one? I'm sure they would send it to you because they only needed two of each

I bet they would...

Ya, let me know if you need one. Twisted Shifter was super nice and sent me his left overs and I would be happy to do the same for ya.

thanks again Twisted... :clap::bow:

Back