Broke down finally

Gibson

There's no love in diesel
26 miles north of Lubbock, TX on 287. #4 injector hold dine backed out and #4 injector line broke in two. Had to get a wrecker to bring the line from dodge in Lubbock. $60 line $75 delivery fee. I'm back on the road again abs in Abiline now headed south again. Just an FYI. The general manager of Dodge in Lubbock, TX is very unhelpful and doesn't support our solidiers. I had asked if he could get the part brought to me if I prepaid for delivery and part with a CC number cause I was bringing my buddy back home from Ft Carson, CO who just got back from Iraq and I was millitary as well he balatenly says he didn't care and that he wouldn't do anyhing to help us out. And then hung up on me. The parts guy Henry is an awesome man tho.

Anyone had #4 injector line brake?

I just needed to vent a bit I guess

vent away

Some don't really care about the troops thats for sure.

Maybe you and your buddy could "talk" to him face to face that would help I bet.

Trust mr next time I go back thru Lubbock I will make a personal visit. I would have today but he left at 6pm and I didn't go thru Lubbock til 7pm.

This hacks me off! Definitely let him have it next time you go through there.

I'm glad the dealer had the line in stock, they were back ordered a while back. Also you might think about getting a spare. You can get them for around 30.00 dollars at a cummins house.

That sucks all the way around.My nephew just got back.Some in his unit diddnt.Thanks bud for what you do.

I an thankful they had the line as well. The parts guy says #4 is a problem line. $60 for the line wasn't bad but I will definatly get one from cummins for a spare. I'm still throwing a P0341 code once every 2-300 miles. I have a new position sensor just wondering if that's what it needs or another problem might be the culprit. Hopefully I can get it fixed by Saturday for my vacation.

And your welcome on the Army part but I don't do anything special. The real Mem are over in middle east fighting for us.

put that guys number up, a few members will let him have it to, including me..

thats awful... what a shame...were just right down the road from you in san marcos....there's a group of us down here...SHOOT me a PM

I got new cam sensor it's going in tomatrow. As well as taking comp connections off to spray clean. I live down a dirt road and they might be dirty as well

mine broke about 2 weeks ago, there is a new revised piece out its nice ss and has a diff style setup at the end where it meets the crossover tube. mine broke while driving down the road also sucked

Yes sir my new one is SS and a differant style. Anyone know the cause of this?0

Sorry to hear about your luck......next time you go through there make sure to get the Manager out there and tell him what his employee said....then make sure to go one step further and call the District Rep...you can bet your @$$ I would have! Tell you buddy thanks for his service....I try and shake the hands of every uniformed soldier I see in public and let them know I appreciate there service! :rockwoot:

I was thinking the hold down cones loose and vibration takes it course. The break isn't from fuel cutting it. It's more of a stress crack.

Back