broke injector

Dpope1298

So I pretty much know the answer to the question but maybe someone has a better way of doing this. I was doing an injector swop on my dads 91 first gen. Number six injector would not comes out so being very careful obviously we were trying to pull it with an injector puller. WE Managed to break it off in the head. How is the best way to get it out? I'm thinking pulling the head but really would like to not have to do that. Thanks guys hope you have a better idea than what I do.:bang

So I pretty much know the answer to the question but maybe someone has a better way of doing this. I was doing an injector swop on my dads 91 first gen. Number six injector would not comes out so being very careful obviously we were trying to pull it with an injector puller. WE Managed to break it off in the head. How is the best way to get it out? I'm thinking pulling the head but really would like to not have to do that. Thanks guys hope you have a better idea than what I do.:bang

Is any of the injector body still hanging out? Maybe you can hit it at an angle with chisel or punch and spin it free?

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

You could probably get it out with hours of picking at it etc. I would just pull the head, it's a good excuse for a new gasket and to check everything out. Plus it doesn't take that long.

Ya that is true it would be a good learning experience too. I've never taken a head off and had to put it back on so doing valves and everything would be a good experience.guess I'll have to start learning up on how to do all of that. I was really hoping I wouldn't have to do that though.

Have you tried cranking the engine over to see if the compression will blow it out? It might not work but it's easy to try.

haha it crossed my mind. I really dont think it is going to happen that easy, but its worth a shot. Its really got to be seized in there though im thinking because the rest of them just slid right out. Thanks i will try that first thing when i get back out to the truck.

ps this is dpope1298 im on the lap top and it automatically signs in as whitni lol

Use some penetrating oil, PB, Seafoam deep creep, cd-80 etc etc. let it sit a day or two and if your brave enough run a torch in there for a brief moment to lightly heat up the tip and gunk holding it in then crank it over. I have done that before on an
Old 7.3 idi that did the same. Just don't melt the head or sling the tip into someone's face.