Broken Cams/ How to prevent??

By the way Don, the billet is not a 100% gaurantee against breakage(I'm sure you know this). I have seen them break as well.

Ok guys this thread wasn't started so it could be hi-jacked into a "Cam Wars" thread. As much as Fireman450 would love to go to a billet cam, he is too pressed for time and money right now to have the block machined for cam bushings and have a billet cam made. He is just trying to find out if he can run a regrind with the 13mm or should he just sell the 13mm and have his stock 160 pump sent off and modified.

I would take a Big Stick HD cam over a Helix 2 any day THOUGH i like to get H2's so that i can continue my shift knob venture

Here is one of my billet roller cams. I do it a little different for maximum strength and rod clearance.
Ad_121_14.jpg

That is just to show there are many ways of doing the same thing that can all work well. I know none of mine have ever failed and are in some of the top pullers in the midwest.

Here is one of my billet roller cams. I do it a little different for maximum strength and rod clearance.
Ad_121_14.jpg

That is just to show there are many ways of doing the same thing that can all work well. I know none of mine have ever failed and are in some of the top pullers in the midwest.

kta's cams are awesome. billet or cast, they perform. the 2.8 class winner at scheid's runs a kta billet.

I agree, KTA is a good cat.

The Scheid work/stock class that got combined with other classes with more turbo was won with a Helix 2 as well.

Ok guys this thread wasn't started so it could be hi-jacked into a "Cam Wars" thread. As much as Fireman450 would love to go to a billet cam, he is too pressed for time and money right now to have the block machined for cam bushings and have a billet cam made. He is just trying to find out if he can run a regrind with the 13mm or should he just sell the 13mm and have his stock 160 pump sent off and modified.

Thanks bragg for helping keep this on track for me.... I owe you buddy.

Back