Broken Nozzle

High Cotton

Has any one run in to this before or maybe know what causes this....
a6cd0db6-9b4a-091c.jpg

a6cd0db6-9b5e-c3a2.jpg

Yeah I wanna say so. They came from SDX. They are supposed to be 7x0.010 with more lift and stroke.

Its like standing on a piece of plywood and drilling holes around you in a circle, making them progressively larger until the wood breaks and you fall through. That is what the pintle does to the tip of the nozzle, the area will not support the pressure exerted.

Was this possibly due to the work done to the pintle? Possibly the number holes and or the size of the holes in the nozzle? I was debating the idea of going bigger nozzle since they were going back.

Was this possibly due to the work done to the pintle? Possibly the number holes and or the size of the holes in the nozzle? I was debating the idea of going bigger nozzle since they were going back.

Do yourself a favor and go with a sac nozzle next time around.

I don't think it was anything to do with them being SDX's I think it was water in my fuel. I was hauling a bull calf back from Spring Hill and forgot to get fuel there. I end up gettin fuel at some chit hole gas station in bumblefawk Egypt between there and the interstate. I made it few miles lost power and started rolling gray smoke. I pulled over check for windows in the block, massive oil leaks and or water in the oil. I didn't find any visible damage so limped a few hundred yards to an exit.

High Cotton you have a pm what three digit number is stamped in the top of the body?

I don't think it was anything to do with them being SDX's I think it was water in my fuel. I was hauling a bull calf back from Spring Hill and forgot to get fuel there. I end up gettin fuel at some chit hole gas station in bumblefawk Egypt between there and the interstate. I made it few miles lost power and started rolling gray smoke. I pulled over check for windows in the block, massive oil leaks and or water in the oil. I didn't find any visible damage so limped a few hundred yards to an exit.

Good to know :Cheer:

99% of our injectors have a 3 or 4 digit number on the top that we add to keep track of them. Send them to me if there ours ill take care them for you.

Last edited:
I'm happy with them. A drag Comp, these injectors, and a 62/68 made a fun dd truck that was quick and could still tow

what truck were they in? did you buy it with them installed, I might can tell you where they came from

what truck were they in? did you buy it with them installed, I might can tell you where they came from

They were in the black reg cab Scott Anthony (Scott2001) had. He said he bought them from you about a year or so ago. I bought the truck from him with them in it. He sold it to me because he having a kid and needs a crew cab truck.

They were in the black reg cab Scott Anthony (Scott2001) had. He said he bought them from you about a year or so ago. I bought the truck from him with them in it. He sold it to me because he having a kid and needs a crew cab truck.

ok, yeah thats what I was thinking.... they were a sweet set of injectors, you probably did get into some bad fuel..... give Weston a PM and he will set you straight....

Go with Weston, I had the same problem a piece broke off in the motor and pounded itself into the piston, thank god it was small and everything cleaned up well. Anyways I went with Weston and he sent me a great set of injectors!!