Broken plastic on top of injector?

wap

I was installing the riser under my valve cover yesterday and when I set it on the motor it got a little hung up and I had to persuade it to get past the last injector.

Well when I looked I had cracked the thin plasic piece on top of my #6 injector that runs between the 2 posts that the injector harnes bolts too.

I dont see any way this could effect anything but it did chip the corner off of the top of that piece and I want to know
1 Should I be concerned?
2 Does that thin strip actually do anything?
3 What course of action next?

Thanks for any help, I will likely post this on another forum or 2 so no need to double post if you see this again.

As long as the piece is still there I would not worry about it. I believe they are there to keep the wires from arcing to each other.

Did the entire thing break off or just the corner of the plastic piece.

If the entire thing is missing it could casue a misfire. The plastic piece is an insulator. If it runs ok, I would not worry too much.

Thanks guys,

Don thanks so much for posting, I was gona call Tim or Lloyd tomorrow if I didnt get something good here or on DTR.

I assumed it was just an isolator, but want sure what was uner that plasitc. All it did was break the corner off. Not even the size of a pencil eraser. But I wasnt sure if it served any purpose. There is NO way the wires could touch each other.

Thanks guys I will sleep a little easier tonight.

Also, I have not fired the truck since it happened for 2 reasons.

1 I have once of the batteries out and most of the stuff on the passenger side is off cause I hope to start bolting on the twins Tues.

2 I was planning on the truck not runnin agian until sometime next week so I wasnt gona try to run it until I had talked to someone about this issue.

Thanks again guys, thats makes me feel a lot better.

Back