Build in progress

EvanBoothe

I have a 1000 plus hp build going on right now and a p pump conversion of course. I'll add pictures here soon. Had a few questions, do I have to use a 12 valve cam and can gear? I'm buying a Hamilton cam but is there something specific for the p pump cams? And just want to double check on which gear to use.
yma4abas.jpg
4y9a2a3e.jpg
rube6eja.jpg
e9atyqyn.jpg
u3y9ebu5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Press the gear off of your cam and press it onto your new hamilton cam.. I would recommend a bolted cam retainer.. Go ahead and buy an adjustable pump gear while your at it makes life easier in long run since your already there.. The 12v cam has a lobe for the block mounted lift pump on a 12v you will be using some sort of airdog etc thats the main dif in the cams..

1000 HP is a lofty goal. What's the setup your trying this with

Last edited:
Press the gear off of your cam and press it onto your new hamilton cam.. I would recommend a bolted cam retainer.. Go ahead and buy an adjustable pump gear while your at it makes life easier in long run since your already there.. The 12v cam has a lobe for the block mounted lift pump on a 12v you will be using some sort of airdog etc thats the main dif in the cams..

I bought the cam retainer already I have that at home, I may make or atleast attempt to make my own adjustable pump gear here at work on our cnc's. You need atleast 30psi for the p pumps right? So I plan on going with the 185gph airdog? I think it's 185 I forget. I don't want to go with the mechanical lift pump cam for the reason I am going to run common rail tappets and I heard they scrape on the lift pump cam lobes.

Also can someone tell me if you have to run iat and map sensor? I wanted to mill my head

So what's the purpose of this build? Or is it just to say you have a 1000 HP truck to ride around in? I don't think you quite understand what it takes to do what your wanting. You have to have a idea of what you want to do before claiming this is going to be a 1000+ build. You need more then 30psi of fuel pressure

Last edited:
So what's the purpose of this build? Or is it just to say you have a 1000 HP truck to ride around in? I don't think you quite understand what it takes to do what your wanting. You have to have a idea of what you want to do before claiming this is going to be a 1000+ build. You need more then 30psi of fuel pressure

I want it strictly for drag racing it's not my daily driver.

I'm just asking for advice and help, I don't understand why people just assume I know nothing and that I'm just some 16 year old kid trying to have a 1000 hp cummins that I drive all over town. I'm 25 I have 3 vehicles I pulled a perfectly fine motor and have spent a lot of money so far on this build I'm not clueless I'm building this right and trying to hit 1000 horse I want to drag race and I want to possibly once in a while drive it on the road. I also have bought an adjustable fuel plate. I'm mainly looking for tips on the ECM and electrical parts I don't need anymore on the p pump part of the build and any tips or ideas for turbo sizes or injectors.

I suggest you do a lot of searching and reading on here and 99% of your questions will be answered.

I bought the cam retainer already I have that at home, I may make or atleast attempt to make my own adjustable pump gear here at work on our cnc's. You need atleast 30psi for the p pumps right? So I plan on going with the 185gph airdog? I think it's 185 I forget. I don't want to go with the mechanical lift pump cam for the reason I am going to run common rail tappets and I heard they scrape on the lift pump cam lobes.

errrrrrmygawwwwd

I'm just asking for advice and help, I don't understand why people just assume I know nothing and that I'm just some 16 year old kid trying to have a 1000 hp cummins that I drive all over town. I'm 25 I have 3 vehicles I pulled a perfectly fine motor and have spent a lot of money so far on this build I'm not clueless I'm building this right and trying to hit 1000 horse I want to drag race and I want to possibly once in a while drive it on the road. I also have bought an adjustable fuel plate. I'm mainly looking for tips on the ECM and electrical parts I don't need anymore on the p pump part of the build and any tips or ideas for turbo sizes or injectors.

Because if you knew how many people got on here and said they wanted to build a 1000 HP truck and didn't have a clue you would understand.