Building 7.3 Engine

TEICHIN641

I Am Going To Be Building Up My Engine Some Time Next Year

I Allready Have A Built Tranny And Other Mods. I Am Looking For Info On The 7.3 Here Is What I Plan To Do

Billit Rods
Girdle
Head Studs
Ceramic Coated Pistions
Fire Rings
Dual Hpop
Compound Turbos
Port And Polish Heads
New Valve Sprins
New Push Rods
530 Injectors
Nitrious
Water Meath
Headers
Custom Tunes

Does Seam To Be On The Right Track For Big Hp?

Also Should I Wait Untill There Are More Advances In The Injection System Before I Build.

TEICHIN641 said:
I Am Going To Be Building Up My Engine Some Time Next Year

I Allready Have A Built Tranny And Other Mods. I Am Looking For Info On The 7.3 Here Is What I Plan To Do

Billit Rods
Girdle
Head Studs
Ceramic Coated Pistions
Fire Rings
Dual Hpop
Compound Turbos
Port And Polish Heads
New Valve Sprins
New Push Rods
530 Injectors
Nitrious
Water Meath
Headers
Custom Tunes

Does Seam To Be On The Right Track For Big Hp?

Also Should I Wait Untill There Are More Advances In The Injection System Before I Build.
Sounds like a nice plan just be sure to pick your parts wisely and make certain that the parts play together well, in other words get a hp/performance guarantee.

Glasseater said:
the 7.3 already has a girdle right?? everything else seems really good
Nope...a main girdle has to be added...and should be with those mods he's looking at.

I was involved in several builds similar to that when I was with DI...it's frustrating and will piss you off to no end...but damn it's fun when it's all done and running.

Nice list

Make sure the shop has experience with items on your list......not too many of those out there.

I would just find a good reputable machine shop, especially one that specializes in high hp- high $ builds. Chances are if they have alot of Big $ engines going out the door they know what the heck they are doing. I bought all the parts i wanted, took them to a local shop and had them do all the maching and assembly. The builder i used had done 2 or 3 STOCK psd builds and so far i havent had any issues caused by poor machining or assembly error.

1250 miles on the new engine so id say the builder must have put my boat anchor together right lol. :ft:

lukecline said:
I would just find a good reputable machine shop, especially one that specializes in high hp- high $ builds. Chances are if they have alot of Big $ engines going out the door they know what the heck they are doing. I bought all the parts i wanted, took them to a local shop and had them do all the maching and assembly. The builder i used had done 2 or 3 STOCK psd builds and so far i havent had any issues caused by poor machining or assembly error.

1250 miles on the new engine so id say the builder must have put my boat anchor together right lol. :ft:

I HAVE A BUDDY THAT RENTS PART OF A SHOP THAT BUILDS RACE ENGINES
I KNOW THE GUY FAIRLY WELL AND HE BUILDS READT TO RACE ENGINES.IT IS NOT A HUGE SHOP, BUT HE DOES A LOT OF HI $ BUILDS, HE SAID HE WOULD GIVE ME A BIG DISCOUNT ON THE MACHINING HE HAS EVERYTHING A BIG SHOP HAS EXCEPT A DYNO

:st: give your self plenty of time. dont try and do this build a month before a pulling/racing season. there is alot of lil things that you never thought would never be a problem but are and end up costing alot of time.
dont be afraid to ask lots of questions. your are about to drop some serious coin and you will need all the help you can get. call the vendors, put posts up, talk to the heavy hitters, listen to what they've got to say, they been there and done that and spent the money.
good luck, you've got a stout list. should be fun.:ft::st: :ft:

shakinIH said:
:st: give your self plenty of time. dont try and do this build a month before a pulling/racing season. there is alot of lil things that you never thought would never be a problem but are and end up costing alot of time.
dont be afraid to ask lots of questions. your are about to drop some serious coin and you will need all the help you can get. call the vendors, put posts up, talk to the heavy hitters, listen to what they've got to say, they been there and done that and spent the money.
good luck, you've got a stout list. should be fun.:ft::st: :ft:

THANK YOU I AM LOOKING FOR ALL THE INFO I CAN GET I DONT PLAN ON STARTING ON THIS PROJECT UNTILL NEXT YEAR SOME TIME, AND IF IT TAKES A YEAR TO BUILD, I AM ALL RIGHT WITH THAT

You will need as much money as patients for this project. Im in the middle of mine right now, and expect the unexpected as well.

whose girdle are you running?

doesn't the block have to be machined to accept it, or am I on drugs?

WUnderwood said:
whose girdle are you running?

doesn't the block have to be machined to accept it, or am I on drugs?

not sure on that yet, i guess that that is why im glad that i fould this site, so i could do some reserch before i start

Back