Building a 4-link

PSDPlayer

Captain Negativity!
Yes I know I could have ordered one from chassis engineering. But this frame is 38 inches wide. Why not just fab it all up. And besides, all there stuff is for cars.

picture.php

6x2 crossmember is just tacked in there for squarness.

picture.php

Chromoly Tubes and ends. Mild Steel tabs for easier welding. There will be a tube running through which will be the placement of the rear driveshaft loop.

picture.php

Side view of the truck.

picture.php

this thing is moving along nicely..I cant wait to see it in person.

you got a ton of custom fab put into this truck...btw your right, adam really is a homo

I saw the mock-up at the shop...it's gonna look sick the way it'll sit when done.

Santhuff rear coilovers for it. Titanium shafts. Weigh less than 4lbs each. Thats alot lighter than a leaf spring. But then again they are 905 dollars each. And they don't even come with springs.

picture.php

Looks clean & sano. When will it be ready for shake downs?

I'm trying to talk Gary Ray into driving it for me. I believe he is about 100 or so lbs lighter since im close to about 260 at the moment. It should be done in November. May try to drag it out to SEMA.

So you're saying I shouldn't have been kicking them around on the floor ?
My bad..................LOL

They are. You are correct. It was easier to follow the curve of the what would be the bottom of the bracket. And where they sit now the bottom(what would be the top) needs to be cut off since it sits on the ground. That 6x2 box is only about 3 inches off the ground.

The fact you are doing this on a diesel truck makes it sweet! and yours looks good so far

why would it matter on a 4 link how wide the frame is ? only measurement that would affect would be your panhard bar right ?
but it's definitely a step up switching from the leaf setup to a good 4 link and coil over for sure. you've only got a month left if you wanna make it here for sema

why would it matter on a 4 link how wide the frame is ? only measurement that would affect would be your panhard bar right ?
but it's definitely a step up switching from the leaf setup to a good 4 link and coil over for sure. you've only got a month left if you wanna make it here for sema

It matters when you buy a rear setup that was designed to be put into the back of a car. It would have had to have been cut into pieces and redone. Which I why I just fabbed up the rear section. The chassis engineering doesn't come down far enough in the rear to grab the back of the bed and its front crossmember would be right where the driveshaft would be.

Back