building a 6.4 ?

Cummins Trainer

Hi guys ,i got a few questions for u .

I'm buiding a 6.4 ,twin big CP3....how big the fuel injector nozzles should be increased for +- 2000 hp ? 250%....300% ..400%...?
If i keep the 6.7L block stock ,unshaved,with the 5.9 crank ,will i get a good compression ratio for a big turbo set up ? HX55/HX82...
What would you suggest ?

Are you sleeving the bores? I don't think a stock 6.7 block will come close to holding at 2000hp levels.

I process of gathering info for the build ....if it's need to be sleeved ,it will...
So right now ,dooing my home work .

For a build of lofty horsepower goals like that, I feel you should sleeve it for longevity of the block.

If you really want 2000 hp you'd be money ahead having someone reputable build this for you.

A deck plate along with those sleeves would pretty much be a requirement for that power goal.

There are great options out there, Fleece's Comp 6.4 is living at that power level, D&J enforcer, Hailey Super B, Scheid Aluminum block, it comes down to your budget because they are all good options and they are all using different components to get there

Then since you have a deck plate, and long billet rods, ditch the 6.4 idea and leave the 6.7 crank in it. Better yet, stroke it up to about 440-450.

i would tough that the 6.4 rod ratio was better than 6.7....
And for the alluminium block ...$$$
Was thinking put 5.9 crank ,6.7 block and keep the block unshaved for a lower compression ratio .i dont mind strating with ether...

what is your looking to do with this motor? What are you applying this "2000hp" into? What your looking to do with the motor is all going to depend on budget. If you realistically are wanting 2000hp then I think the deck plate is necessary, but I can't say that's a cheap option... The plate itself isn't bad, but then by the time you buy sleeves, rods, pistons, and machine work is some major cash.

I sleeved mine and I'm just shooting for 1400 or so...sounds like I'm good for a lot more myself!

Was thinking put 5.9 crank ,6.7 block and keep the block unshaved for a lower compression ratio .i dont mind strating with ether...

Just curious what do you think you will spend on this engine? It won't be sub 30k all said and done

The deckplate he was referring to is not for machining purposes. I think you might be going a little too fast. Read a bunch on here and come back with questions.

If 2000 hp is goal why do a common rail ? Mechanical injection at that level makes more sense ... Dual cp3 won't cut it .. 3-4 is needed.. Hx 55 won't last ... A good CDs 5.25 primary turbo to make 2k on fuel btw 12,000 for that turbo ..

Last edited:
I will do drag racing with it .1/4 mile ..Ram 2000 4x4

If we need 3 x 120% CP3 ,well i'll put them.

As for turbos ,i have a bunch of HX55 ,HX60 and HX80's

I've been running with my F100 on 1/4 mile twin hx35/40 & HX60 and they are pretty tuff.
As for budget ,target is 30-35K....I can do the griddle plate ,bolck shaving etc.I want to do it myselfe .Easy to spend .It will be buit not bought...!!!

I will not use P pump,i want to play with Calltherm & EFI LIve.Way much more potential than mecanical.

Back