building a 6.4 ?

By the way guys.....the question was....

How big the nozzles have to for +-2000hp and what compression ratio should shoot for ???

Thanks for all your inputs ...;-)

Hi guys ,i got a few questions for u .

I'm buiding a 6.4 ,twin big CP3....how big the fuel injector nozzles should be increased for +- 2000 hp ? 250%....300% ..400%...?
If i keep the 6.7L block stock ,unshaved,with the 5.9 crank ,will i get a good compression ratio for a big turbo set up ? HX55/HX82...
What would you suggest ?

By the way guys......thoses were the questions ....loll

Thanks for all your inputs ,appreciate ! ;-)

By the way guys.....the question was....

How big the nozzles have to for +-2000hp and what compression ratio should shoot for ???

Thanks for all your inputs ...;-)

I think the fact that you can count the number 2000+ cr cummins in the world on one hand I'm not sure your questions can easily be answered.

With that being said I would probably check with exergy on injectors, I belive they have had the biggest cr injectors I've ever seen and they have been pretty well known for awhile for cr stuff, also believe s&s might be a good option.

For comp ratio, I imagine it'll have to be pretty low to stay alive at that level.

Yeah on injectors you'll be asking for the biggest they make. I wouldn't do any less than 3 pumps and 4 stocker's should get you there and be more cost effective if you can manage the drive. For any real life there you're likely filling the block.
The last I fooled around was 1700hp at the wheels and if you threw 20% (high) loss through the drive train would tickle 2000hp on a engine dyno.
A large set of triples would also likely be more cost effective than a large custom primary.
Not sure any common rail's are doing 2k at the wheels on fuel.

I think you would be best asking these questions to your engine builder. An high hp engine like you are planning on isn't something you want to piece together yourself if you want it to last.

Here's a test... If he's a cummins trainer. Who's Don Householder? Fred Murphy?

Sent from my flashscan v2

Martin has worked for Cummins for several years. He's from Quebec however, his English is better than most guys on the internet. I'd venture to say he's more than knowledgeable on Cummins and its various applications. I'm looking forward to seeing the build completed.

I would say a 500% over injector will get you there, two 12mm stroker cp3 pumps will be a stretch, likely the 3rd pump will be needed. I would not decompress much if you can build the longblock to hold, I have a Deckplate 6.7L with 1" longer rods with a 6.7 crank in my truck, the longer rods lessen the rod angle and eliminates the need for a 6.4 build. I had Drew at D&J Precision Machine design and build the longblock and should be a platform to 2500HP. I'd be glad to share more info on my build if you have questions.

Lavon

Back