Built 47rh 4x4 tranny

bh10

Web Wrencher
The tranny was built by Gerald Westerfield of countryside transmissions in Ky. It has a Recon triple disk convertor, trans-go VB, and a sonnax billet input. The tranny has roughly 4k on it.

Now here's the story, I was running this trans in my 12v which was pushing 450-500hp, and it held the power just fine, zero slipage and had nice firm shifts. I was going to keep it and run it, do to a couple people on here on the forum running Gerald's tranny in their trucks, Morse being one in his old 12v and it was running mid 11s, so I wasnt to worried about it holding.

So as we were pulling the tranny to change the flexplate out from the stocker, I dropped the pan and there where was some metal shavings in the fluid, so worried since hopefully my truck will be see low 11's and being Goerend was 45minutes away, we dropped the tranny of to Goerend who didnt tear it apart, but recommend I either rebuild it or go with a new one.

Now I called Gerald and asked him about the shavings and all and he said quote "its normal for the performance tranny's we build with triple disk converters to have shavings in the pan" I honestly dont know if he was feeding me a line or what, but I went with Dave's recommendation and got a Goerend unit.

So honestly the tranny shifted and ran perfect before we took it out, but again there were shavings in the pan, Im not sure if a flush will clear it out and you'll be good to go like Country Transmission said or not. Either way Im asking $1500 which alone is a good deal just for the parts alone, the VB, convertor, and the billet input, and if all it needs is a flush then you have yourself a great deal, if it does need a rebuild then you have quite a few good hard parts and a core.

Ill be a TS as of now so I can deliver then. Sorry for the long drawn out for sale post.

so you were worried about a few metal shavings after you just got your tranny built? I changed my trannys fluid about 15k miles after it got built for the first time and there were metal shavings and do locked shifts all the time and beat the snot out of it and nothing is wrong with it at all.

I just called my buddy who is looking for a tranny for his 95 and he said he'll give you 1200

so you were worried about a few metal shavings after you just got your tranny built? I changed my trannys fluid about 15k miles after it got built for the first time and there were metal shavings and do locked shifts all the time and beat the snot out of it and nothing is wrong with it at all.

I didnt get it built, it was built when I bought the truck. Could be the case IDK, all I know is there's a Goerend unit going in. :rockwoot:

I just picked it up today Brandon so its back at my shop until you find a buyer.

Back