bullydog low end power option

BA32

Does anyone have any input about the (low end power option) on tripledog?
Is it harmful to transmission? I have heard yes/no. just got truck back from trans shop after smoking the clutches. I have billet input shaft, heavy duty clutches, upgraded TC, transgo shift kit. I turned the low end power off since i got it back and haven't turned the programmer up. Thought id ask what yall think it will hold with all that ive done to it? I dont want to hurt the tranny, but then again why did i spend all that money if i cant turn it up? thanks

What im askin is does anyone have any experience with the low end power option and what yall think my tranny will hold with what i've done..

If you got what you were told you did then you can run the low end power turned up.

Ryan

I've got the crazy Larry program and I run mine hard sometimes. The low end power doesn't really do much in my experience.

Yeah Steven I never really noticed mine much either when I had the tuner cranked up, but since I been running it with "no added power" or on tow setting you can tell the difference noticably on the low end. Have heard it just changes the throttle position sensor which is why it can bother the tranny because of the added torque without correct line pressure coming from TPS.. Your truck dynoed 477/923?? Good #'s

I run mine all the way all the time. Yeah I was happy with them numbers for stock charger and lift pump. I'm wanting to do the scary Larry but don't know who has it.

Since its had a 1000 miles on it. It's a 134k now. I built the 4th tranny at 35k with all goerend parts.

I was on the ph with BD yesterday, wanting to disable "torque managemnet" so I needed the password. I asked what the diff was between TM and Low end power,...

His reply-
Low end power sets the throttle to be more sensitive. Meaning more fuel at a lower throttle setting.
TM is where the trans will shift w/o reducing the power input somewhat. Computer controlled

Both could be detrimental. More fuel at a lower throttle setting without increasing line pressure can burn cluthes and band(s). Shifting hard between gears can break input shaft and or more.

I reinstalled TM because I was seeing an increase in trans fluid temps. Didn't want to burn up the trans that I just had rebuilt 4 months ago. And it's not a Satge 3 or higher build so no drag racing or sled pulling lol.
Now, I still have low End power enabled, but will remove it also this afternoon. I find that the throttle is too touchy for my liking

Last edited:
Back