Bumper Pull car/equipment trailer

tmiller

i need a new trailer to pull my farm equipment with. Ive been looking at a Pequea 18' by 81" and two 5000lb axles. What do you think? Any other cheaper brands you would recomend? Can go down to two 3500 axles if is alot cheaper. Let me know and post pics. Thanks Taylor

another question i have a stock 2006 2500 cummins turbo diesel. Will it pull a 7000 bumper pull no problem? 10000? The trailer will have breaks

If you're going to be pulling farm equipment around, the minimum I would go is a 10000 lb trailer. The truck won't have any problem pulling it.

I would not even think about buying a trailer without a minimum of 2 6000lb axles. Mine has 2 7k axles. Think of it this way, if you have 2 3500lb you can only be 7k including the trailer, which will weigh in the 3k range. so that only leaves you 4k to haul,, that wouldnt be much of a tractor, let alone a pickup truck. With 2 7k axles you can haul pretty much anything that comes your direction, skid steers, tractors, pickup trucks etc

Just be careful how high of a GVW you go, over 26,001 pounds combination with a trailer over 10,000 equals a CDL-A required. Plus, med card, log book, etc.

Not sure where you are located but price a trailer from Jerry James trailers in Skieston, MO. Dad just priced a 20' BP trailer with two 6k braking axles and it was $2200 brand new.

Welcome to Jerry James Trailers

15000lb axles to 25000lb axles is normal for pulling farm equipment. Below given trailer is 3500lb axles which is not helpful in farm.
P1000251.JPG