Buying 08 6.7 few ?'s

Brock05

Ok guys I'm looking at buying a 08 6.7 with 110k miles all I've ever had is vp44 trucks. Can these 6.7's be as reliable as my 5.9's. I've heard if I get the tranny tunes and do all the deletes they can be really good but I want to here from real world experience. I only drive 5 miles one way to work will this be a problem with say the head gasket. I would like to eventually get to around 600 rear wheel hp as a daily driver can I do that safely and be reliable any help thanks guys K brock

Last edited:
Ill say it before someone else does. Start searching and reading a lot of threads, most of the answers you are looking for are most likely already available. I say this because this site isnt like others. This site has a lot of really good information, you just need to be willing to search and sit back and read.

Ive got 133k on mine and the ONLY thing that pooped out was the vgt turbo. ZERO problems with trans(knock on wood) or headgaskets..The tranny tune helps ALOT and they will live longer. Just make sure it warms up to operating temp before you hammer it. Im fully deleted and Efi tuned and it is a whole new truck. EFI Live is probably the way to go..look into it. Made a HUGE difference..

Ive gone back and forth across country with mine with NO problems, I have mods that bring me to about 450hp on stock running gear and I get about 22mpg at moderate highway speeds

They are good trucks, but for a 5 mile commute I can assure you I'd be driving something smaller! I'd put the wear and tear on an S-10 or POS car. Just my 0.2 though.