Buzzing noise on cold start

dodgeram2500

my truck has just started to buzz really loud when i start it up in the morning. the noise is loudest in the front of the motor??? it only happens when it has been really cold, ( 15 deg or lower ). even with the block heater plugged in it still does it. truck fires good but buzzes like crazy!!! any ideas what this might be? the oil psi seems to take about 3 sec. to get above 40psi right after start up, oil pump problems?

If it's the same buzz as mine it's the PS pump... Changes pitch if you turn the wheel...

aye, X5 on the pump, mine does it if its really low i can also feel it in the brakes.

yeah its almost like i dont have p/s right at first. as soon as i get 1/2 turn on the wheel it works great. even after the steering becomes power assisted the buzz noise is still there? i have replaced mine 4 times in the last 2 years, wtf?

I've heard if you switch to a good full synthetic ATF, it will quit the whine. I've also been told about Lube Gard in a purple bottle. I've got a bottle on order, will be trying it out after Christmas.

glad to see this post mine just started doing it to makes me nervous!!

anybody find an oil or something that gets rid a that let us know thanks

thanks for the advice all! i have alot of synthetic atf at my shop so i will try to flush it all out. anybody know why my p/s pump would go out so often? could the hydroboost effect the pump bad enough to go out every 6 mo. or so? the pump is not the easiest part to replace either