C/R build

spooled05

Im in the process of building a engine for my truck and got an extra block and have a few ? Everything is in good shape( crank and main bearings)and the piston bores are pretty good,i have ran my fingernail around all of them and doesn't hang anywhere. It suposedly had piston issues and i discovered this.
CRengine001.jpg

Theres no piston cooling jets! but there are some others that look like thats what they are.You can see them to the left.
CRengine002.jpg

Also i figure its been rebuilt cause the mains are numbered,are they this way from the factory?
CRengine003.jpg

Thank in advance guys!

Zack

Not sure about the jets but If I remember correctly, the mains ARE numbers from the factory... They have to go in the same spot everytime.... I've seen the inside of mine just a FEW times....lol
But all the CR's I've done have the J jets for coolings..But I think the blocks have the other spots for cooling too.

Last edited:
Ive seen pics where there is plastic and jets bolted to that bolt in the first pic is why i was askin.
DSCN0025.jpg

Is there supposed to be both?

Last edited:
The CR blocks normaly have the mains blocked with dummy inserts and the J-Jets Swole mention are the correct ones to be used. VP and 12V block used the jets in the mains only but due to the higer heat in the CR piston they went to the J-jets for cooling the piston dome and aid in the rings from swelling. Replace all of them with new build and plug the mains with the CR replacements keep oil pressure up. Do yourself a favor and get a factory service manual explains alot in detail. Good luck.

Chris.

Out of all the motors i built i have only seen one CR like yours with the nozzels in the mains but that motor was already rebuilt befor i got it(had 5 325hp pistions and one 305) so if i had to say i would say yours been apart before.

you will need PN# 3959574. thats the plug

and "j-Jet" cooling nozzle #4937308

Thanks duvall ! When i started lookin at it i figured it had been apart before, just wonderin why someone would do this?