c14 uprate?

DEZLFREK

my licence plate says it
so who makes the cheapest best chip or uprate for this motor, right now its a 435/500 motor
2012-01-05162539.jpg

PDI is about the only one I know of unless you find a small performance shop willing to put a higher Cummins factory tune in for you. There's one close to where I lived in PA that would put any Cummins tune in a truck for $300.

PDI is about the only one I know of unless you find a small performance shop willing to put a higher Cummins factory tune in for you. There's one close to where I lived in PA that would put any Cummins tune in a truck for $300.

that would be great!!! i would gladly pay that much just to have it drive better..i wonder who i could find for that around here? how exactly can you get a cummins tune if you are not cummins? is there just a plug in cummins tuner that would allow for the uprated tune?

when I read the tittle I was like; damn didn't know cat had a c14 :lolly:

lol ya i need to proof read or at least think about what im writing sometimes..
anyone have a clue what the most cummins rates this motor to? how much power can be made safely with it? ok without changing turbos anyway lol.. its not my truck

I did a quick search from my phone and found it advertised up to 525/1850.

Garrett

Probably getting paid at work to post this from my D1

i know TS makes alot of agricultural programmers, try them.

the pittsburgh one is 2400.. not going to happen for that much..
i found the same as 525/1850 but now i need to find out where and how much for the uprate..
sent ts a message.. we will see.

Usually a cummins dealer will uprate an engine. Sometimes they get pissy about it depending on who they are and also what minor upgrades a 435 has over a 525 possibly a turbo and if the drivetrain in the truck can handle it. I would call a few up and see what they can do.

this is a 435 on the low side then 500 on the high side..
ill see what they say..
thanks for the input.

split rate programs suck. have a dealer dump the straight 525 program in and call it a day.

the motor is a 98. cpl is 2025. i was lucky enough to get a "free" uprate from 500/1750 to 525/1850.. forrest ill pm ya

Your not going to be impressed with any of the factory programs. The only way to wake any of them up is with aftermarket, (PDI, Boost Engineering) authough the N14's are known for block fretting at the main caps. The only fix is Locktite and a stiffener plate. Seems to happen more with the 500+ motors.

Coming from someone who's paid to have N14's, 3406E's and multiple C15's uprated by the OEM's and always disappointed with the results.........call a local PDI dealer and be done with it.:Cheer:

i feel you on that.. 525 was better but only bairly noticeable better. the problem is its not my truck and spending 2400 bucks on a tuner is pretty much out of the question.. thanks for the advise, maybe some day..

Pittsburgh power makes one I believe

Edit: I missed where you said they were out of the question.

Last edited:
Back