cab and chassis

house

the Fat kid!
whats the differences in a cab and chassis vs regular 3500
looking at trading my dirtymax for a 07 3500 quad cab dually cab and chassis that is a 6.7 and auto 4x4

back in the day it was just frame rail differences, not sure about the newer trucks

but I would probably stay away from the 6.7 :eek:

Frame Rail Widths, and Cab to Axle Measurements I believe, On the older ones like Forrest Mentioned at least

IIRC the cab and chassis are rated at higher HP and TQ. Other than that what is posted above is all I believe.

cab & chassis also has a different tranny.
different programming.
different frame rail widths.
different frame lengths.

The delete kits are diff. for them vers the trucks also, the piping itself and also the tuning [box]. Dr.P installed one on my BIL's truck in Houston, thier still working some bugs out of it but......there is already a world of diff. in the milage! Hes enjoying that part very much, the factory clutch in those trucks are on the ragged edge already with even factory power, the delete and thier smallest pressure box sent the engine racing right through the clutch on thier dyno. A good South Bend was ordered, and some more testing will follow very soon. These 6.7's seem to be a little squirly for me i'llstick with the 5.9's forever! Sorry.
Thanks again to Alex and the guys over at Dr. P for the install and use of Bruces rig for thier test bed on the Cab and Chassis, it's looking to work out good for them both!

what boxes, and dpfs will work, is there a deep pan for the trans?

Yeah the stock clutches suck. mine slips empty on the street with nothing done to it!

actually, I think they're rated lower... they also have a different transmission

Yes, they sure are. The C&Cs come with an Aisin 6-speed with Tow/Haul. The regular pickups come with an in-house 6-speed with thumb shift and Tow/Haul.

I've been looking at a CC also because of the aisin tran.
Differece between the pickup and the CC.
Frame straight, transmission aisin vs 68re, fuel tank 52gal vs 36gal, 400lbs heavier GVWR, rear springs 9 vs 4, 3.42 gears vs only 4.10/3.73, and a 305hp vs 325hp 6.7.