CAC Tube Problem--HELP!!

Notorious6.0

How Bad Do You Want It??
Heading home from a car show yesterday on the interstate and hear a loud pop. After the pop, power is a no show. Barely running 40 mph. Pull over to check things and find that the CAC tube on the left side of the engine has blown out of the boot. This is the tube that runs to the intercooler. The upper end of the tube blew out of the tube. Well, I get out my tools and put the tube back in the boot and tighten the clamp down. I drive about 30-40 more miles and BOOM, it does it again. All told it did it 4 times in a 2 hr period on the way home and 6 times all together over the weekend. It also did it with no trailer. I checked in the end of the boot and on the yube and noticed some oil. Is this normal? This is not the original boot. The original split so I put a thicker one on there. Could the thickness of the boo be causing this or is my turbo going south and spitting out more oil? I have also noticed that when the truck sits all day and I get in it and drive, when I pull out it won't hardly go over 30. Like it has NO power. What are my problems and possible solutions here? Thanks all.
N-

Clean all the oil off the boots/tubes and spray the boots with hairspray before re-installing them.
You can do a ccv reroute to keep the oil out of the intake

I used Dawn dish soup to clean my boots and tubes. It really worked good. I haven't had a problem yet.

Not wanting to Hi-Jack

....but, what is the easiest way to do the Reroute?

Thanks,

Ray

The easiest way to the do the reroute is to turn the 90 degree plastic elbow from the valve cover forward. Remove the hose from it. Get a 1/2in PIPE tap. Tap the inside of the 90. Screw in a 1/2pipe to 5/8hose barb fitting. Route 5/8 hose forward under the air intake tube and then down next to the radiator. Plug the underside of the now open air intake tube.

Another way to keep the pipes on is to get a ballpean hammer and flare the ends of the pipes. Then the clamp will be wedged right behind the flare.

Back