Cal Trac ?

Mazak

Bought caltracs for my 06 4x4.

I have installed lowering shackles but it's not low enough.

I think removing overload spring and one shim will do it.

With removing these items will it affect the effectiveness of the caltracs ?

I'm running just 3 leafs on mine and it's about as low as I can go with the bars cal trac sent in the kit. I have just enough adjustment I can only get about a pinky's width off of the leaf.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I ended up making new length bars for mine, about 1" longer. They'll exchange them for you but just did them myself.

I ended up making new length bars for mine, about 1" longer. They'll exchange them for you but just did them myself.

So the purpose for having longer bars is to allow more needed adjustment due to removing the overload spring ?

They work by the cross pin contacting the top side of the leaf spring, so when it tries to twist the pinion up it forces the tire into the pavement. The higher you go up with the bar on the selector holes, the more leverage to force the tire into the pavement. I run 3 springs, use the lowest hole in the bracket, and adjusted to about 1/2" gap from the cross pin from touching the spring.

Absolutely not. Did it myself and I run 6.60s all day with no wheel hop. Nitto 420s or M&H drag radials. Both used.

Back