cal tracs

I run them because they stop the rearend from rolling and destroying the u-joint and yoke. They are adjustable also. Several of the guys around here run them.

That is only if you try at midnight the nitght before a pull 3 hours away

If anyone has ever seen the aftermath of traction bars that are too short people would see why the Caltracs are not the best idea for pulling. Ask Teddybear bout short traction bars on a pull truck. I'd say they would last longer on a boxed frame truck but for sure not on a c-channelled frame truck.

If anyone has ever seen the aftermath of traction bars that are too short people would see why the Caltracs are not the best idea for pulling. Ask Teddybear bout short traction bars on a pull truck. I'd say they would last longer on a boxed frame truck but for sure not on a c-channelled frame truck.

I'm not sure about that. Caltracs are pulling down on the springs not pushing up on an allready stressed frame.

I had always thought the longer traction bars do work better and caltracs were more for racing. I could be wrong, but I have mine set up about as long as I can get them.