Calling all who run a TST. Need Info.

1911 guy

Trunk Monkey
I have a problem with mine. Im running the PMCR 49 with gauges. On atleast three or four ocasions ive been driving down the road and noticed a hellacious pre detonation sound from the engine. Start running through the menu of the TST to find out that my timing was set on 12deg advanced. Now i ususally run 3degrees auto when not stacked, And no timing when stacked. Im positive i didnt inadvertantly bump up the timing. Question is Has anyone ever jumped in their truck to find your settings not where you left them?

I have never had this problem. I think Its because im running the older box with out the adjustable timing.

BUT i have heard of this before, and I believe the fix is to reroute the wire from the box to the gauge outside of the cab rather than through the firewall. The TST is a weird box, and any interference will mess with it. Its the same deal with the ground issue that messes with the AC...

oh yeah i forgot about the A/C. Hve you found a fix for that? I havent even tried yet. But the box will turn my A/C compressor on when i turn off the truck.

when i start mine and its on 0 or 1 its fine but anything else it will start hicuppin and then it will clear up but i am not fixin it lol

mine used to do it ALL the time. your not alone. same thing used to happen to me, timing would advance and truck would sound like it was going to blow.

To fix the AC prblem you have to move the ground for the TST to the inside of the cabe.

mine would change from auto to set timing and also would go up in degrees. the would only make the injector rattle when it went to set timing.

mine would change from auto to set timing and also would go up in degrees. the would only make the injector rattle when it went to set timing.

Yup. Thats exactly what mine does. Not cool when your running a downloader such as crazy larry that already has a but load of timming itself. Im damn scared that i may have inadvertantly jacked some stuff up because of this. Last time it happend i was towing the boat to the lake, and when i got on the highway noticed the injection rattle. checked TST and sure enough timing at 12deg fixed. What if i had the stereo up? Never would have noticed. Luckily i had already sold my BD, or else it could have been bad.