Calling out John P vs. Comp461 and Project X for Hot Rod Drag Week

i dont know Greg like i have said many times but i have spoken with John P many many times and he as helped me out a bunch and think he is a great guy. same goes for his son Banshee. both are an A+ in my books. i think that Greg needs to go back to racing gas motors and leave the diesels to the guys that really turn the wrenches and DO THE WORK and dont take credit for it. take Haisley and Schieds, do they try to sell stuff like you Greg and go on and on and on about this and that, no. they get around from word of mouth becuase they make AWESOME stuff and it works. like everyone said, when was the last time you saw a BANKS powered anything, either win a diesel drag or sled pull competition? NEVER yet you say BANKs is superior to everyone else because we are all smoke belching idots and Gale has figured out the SMOKELESS TUNES, oh never mind that must have been you becuase you said you do all the wrenching and tuning on the truck. :owned:

inline6power said:
i dont know Greg like i have said many times but i have spoken with John P many many times and he as helped me out a bunch and think he is a great guy. same goes for his son Banshee. both are an A+ in my books. i think that Greg needs to go back to racing gas motors and leave the diesels to the guys that really turn the wrenches and DO THE WORK and dont take credit for it. take Haisley and Schieds, do they try to sell stuff like you Greg and go on and on and on about this and that, no. they get around from word of mouth becuase they make AWESOME stuff and it works. like everyone said, when was the last time you saw a BANKS powered anything, either win a diesel drag or sled pull competition? NEVER yet you say BANKs is superior to everyone else because we are all smoke belching idots and Gale has figured out the SMOKELESS TUNES, oh never mind that must have been you becuase you said you do all the wrenching and tuning on the truck. :owned:
smokeless tunes would be nice at times. But, again, lets see banks build a 1500+hp fully built sled pulling truck that DOES NOT SMOKE AT ALL!! Not even a haze. Do that and lets see if it can knock off those little country boys....what are their names? Martin? Haisley? Watson? Stacey? Crowder? The list goes on.....but I don't ever see the last name Banks included on that list..

CumminAtYa said:
smokeless tunes would be nice at times. But, again, lets see banks build a 1500+hp fully built sled pulling truck that DOES NOT SMOKE AT ALL!! Not even a haze. Do that and lets see if it can knock off those little country boys....what are their names? Martin? Haisley? Watson? Stacey? Crowder? The list goes on.....but I don't ever see the last name Banks included on that list..
thats exactly what i mean. banks claims they have the safest power and thats true cause it dont give you no power. smokeless would be nice but lets face it, you want big power, 1000hp plus, its going to smoke.

Mike D said:
I didn't see any mention of a warranty either? I believe Scheid gives a warranty of their work.
You may want to check that assumption. Scheid's parts are sold under their 'race parts' policy and there's no warranty on their race parts. If you break them, they may go out of their way to provide new parts at their cost, but that's all you're going to get out of Scheid. Really, they wouldn't even need to do that since it is motorsports we're talking about here.

Unfortunately not IMHO, but my experience,
brnadon.

joefarmer said:
You may want to check that assumption. Scheid's parts are sold under their 'race parts' policy and there's no warranty on their race parts. If you break them, they may go out of their way to provide new parts at their cost, but that's all you're going to get out of Scheid. Really, they wouldn't even need to do that since it is motorsports we're talking about here.

Unfortunately not IMHO, but my experience,
brnadon.

Fair enough.

Twisted Shifter said:
:welcome: to the new guy ^^^^^^^^^^^ made an account just to respond to this thread.........:pop:

Been learning from you all for a while now, just waiting for the right time to join. When I read a nitrous pwd. diesel was calling out one without nitrous it seemed too much to bear not to say anything. I mean, seriously what are the weight diff. in these two trucks. If they were close in weight with the same dia. tire/rim combo then call out all you want. Don't ever call out someone out when you know your faster. People wanna see races that are won/lost at the tree, heads up. At least that's what they want in my neck of the woods.

side question, what gears do each trucks have??:pop:

must've missed the 6388 weight on Greg's truck, and two wheel drive nonetheless

so that in itself is an over 800lb weight disadvantage to John, isn't 100lbs a tenth of a second, give or take??

on the warranty issue, sheid doesn't warranty their race parts if you blow nitrous through them, if you don't then there easy to work with so I've heard

You know, I’m sure nobody twisted Johns arm to run a 4wheel drive. If you decide on a 4 wheel drive then you have to live with the weight penalty. I am confident in the absolute ability of a two wheel drive truck to out perform a similar 4X4 in the same power level. I would not see what tire choice could have to do this comparison either , if a racer shows up with mud grips to a drag race they should get a handicap?

No the smart choice is to run the tire that gives the best possible chance to move the mass down the track. Project X runs a street drag radial. The 395 45 17 M&H tire is DOT legal and is 28 inches tall. This tire is not that big , but it works, it really comes from super stock experience along with Caltrac’s , this combination yields a consistent 1.60 60’

With a tremendously lofty price of an engine from Schied, what are you really getting if you can’t overpower a 218,000 mile stock short block? This engine doesn’t have the special Aries / Schied $ 3000 a set “you got to have em” pistons, or the “must have it “billet cam who’s ramps have long opening specs that bleeds precious cylinder pressure. No Project X was built with add on parts built by the very person that John and the great people from Schied think to have no experience or knowledge in the diesel world. Come on, this truck is built by the diesel village idiot right.

So this is about his choice of truck to build, No expensive spared old school, 4X4, big , big big tires, twin turbo’s, no compression , with minimual head work, requiring high boost to make power . This high boost requires you to lower compression and with that drivability suffers as well that’s again you choice.

So now we are here at this point, show up at Hot Rod Drag Week, and show the mainstream world to different flavors of diesel , see what they like and travel the road trip, its really about proving to the world that things aren’t always as they appear

forget hot rod drag week, bring your project x to a know DIESEL EVENT and see what happens. by the , how many BANKS go slow goodies do you have on that truck? i am guessing ONE. funny how you talk like GBE is god yet you and him use other companies stuff. i cant stand how you talk this and that about GBE and you do all the work, yet you guys use NON GBE products. i tell ya Greg, you could sell ice to an eskimo.

Well, if he (comp) is as smart as he is then he apparently never passed English class. As seen in his previous post "that's again you choice" Is that ebnoics?
Actually it's youR choice.
:hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe:

Gale banks enterprise products are for gays. screw this crap greg once again needs to put his foot in his mouth and STFU its gettin old.

o and this is like me callin out a damn kodiak to race. similar trucks my ass

Obviously your sig is wrong or is project x only running 11.62 with 12000 dumped into the motor alone?

Theres a 3rd gen in Louisiana that made a 11.41 pass on fuel only with ALOT less done to it...

Ill add it up for ya. List prices...

flux injectors - 1200
twin ats pumps - 4000
ats A5k turbo - 2200
bully dog dl - 450
pressure box - 400?

8250 total on fuel only... No 5 grand head, or a bottle.

I have an idea comp. Before you run down what Schied does, I'd like to see YOU build a motor that will compete against Crowder pulling a sled without nitrous... Or with nitrous...

Or, like it was mentioned before. Put project x up against Smith's truck running that junky Schied motor...

Luken said:
Obviously your sig is wrong or is project x only running 11.62 with 12000 dumped into the motor alone?

Theres a 3rd gen in Louisiana that made a 11.41 pass on fuel only with ALOT less done to it...

Ill add it up for ya. List prices...

flux injectors - 1200
twin ats pumps - 4000
ats A5k turbo - 2200
bully dog dl - 450
pressure box - 400?

8250 total on fuel only... No 5 grand head, or a bottle.

I have an idea comp. Before you run down what Schied does, I'd like to see YOU build a motor that will compete against Crowder pulling a sled without nitrous... Or with nitrous...

Or, like it was mentioned before. Put project x up against Smith's truck running that junky Schied motor...
luken whats up man, havent seen ya around on here lately. use to talk to ya alot on another site but that ones to restricted lol. hows the yellow beast running? and by the way your 100 percent correct with that last comment about Greg, but he will make an escuse as to why it only ran that time. ITS CAUSE IT HAS BANKS STUFF ON IT :hehe:

Dockboy said:
This is what happened testing Thurs. night before I was getting ready to leave.

DSC000061.JPG

DSC000022.JPG

DSC000051.JPG

DSC000041.JPG

Snapped the crankshaft and it drove the tranny back 2":doh:

I came down anyway. In fact, just got back to the hotel after the finals:evil

damn greg, thats rough! sorry to see that man!

as for the rest of the stuff in the thread... i still say :hehe: :pop:

inline,

The yellow beast is slowly getting there... I'm finally getting the money saved up for fluxs and twin pumps. I wont be happy till it runs mid 11s on fuel. Lol!

Maybe I missed something where the project x truck ran faster than 11.6...

Dont get me wrong, 11.6 is still quick... I wish my heap was that fast. haha

Luken said:
inline,

The yellow beast is slowly getting there... I'm finally getting the money saved up for fluxs and twin pumps. I wont be happy till it runs mid 11s on fuel. Lol!

Maybe I missed something where the project x truck ran faster than 11.6...

Dont get me wrong, 11.6 is still quick... I wish my heap was that fast. haha
you didnt miss anything about the 11.6:hehe: told ya it has banks stuff on it. glad to hear your truck is coming back together. i am hoping for 12.4s or mabey a we bit faster with my ole duallie this next week. should be interesting. well besides workin on your truck what else have ya been up to man?

graphite04 said:
Been learning from you all for a while now, just waiting for the right time to join. When I read a nitrous pwd. diesel was calling out one without nitrous it seemed too much to bear not to say anything. I mean, seriously what are the weight diff. in these two trucks. If they were close in weight with the same dia. tire/rim combo then call out all you want. Don't ever call out someone out when you know your faster. People wanna see races that are won/lost at the tree, heads up. At least that's what they want in my neck of the woods.

side question, what gears do each trucks have??:pop:
-------------
graphite04:

To answer your question my 96' Dodge CTD has the stock 3.54 gears.

--------
John_P

Project X was built over a year ago. There have been many advances since then. It has had over 200 races, had the dog xxxx knocked out of it when the sales people at Manuel Dodge take it to lunch for a thrill ride. It's still by all standards very fast and competitive. To my knowledge no big failures. There has been some talk about upgrades to it. I think it should. You have to remember that it was supose to be a 12 second build up at the time. It has easily surpassed that. I respect all the innovators that bring great products to this market. The names and companies make a very long list. They all have earned their due respect. Thanks

TopFueler said:
Project X was built over a year ago. There have been many advances since then. It has had over 200 races, had the dog xxxx knocked out of it when the sales people at Manuel Dodge take it to lunch for a thrill ride. It's still by all standards very fast and competitive. To my knowledge no big failures. There has been some talk about upgrades to it. I think it should. You have to remember that it was supose to be a 12 second build up at the time. It has easily surpassed that. I respect all the innovators that bring great products to this market. The names and companies make a very long list. They all have earned their due respect. Thanks
well that's a great post. And most agree, but the person that built that truck all himself doesn't seem to agree. In his eyes, he's the only one out there. Well, himself and his mentor.

Back