Calling out John P vs. Comp461 and Project X for Hot Rod Drag Week

so JOHN P are you going to race on the track or the key board?????:owned:

you just better hope that schied can build you something faster than what you have, 10.X .............man you have a ways to go before chatching greg or that # alone:hehe: :hehe:

Better hurry before the principal shows up.

Sweet its almost lunchtime too. Pizza Friday. Woo-hoo.

John, I'm sad to see you in relapse. I know we had several sessions where we worked on your intensity issues. Remember how we learned that arguing over pickup trucks is such a pointless endeavor and a waste of your valuable time? Remember also we learned that when we resort to threats of physical violence that internally, we are crying out for our mothers and a warm passy? Please contact my office and let's set up some more sessions. I'm confident that some additional guidance, we can get you back on track. Deep breaths John... Deep breaths.

Last edited:
Dalpilot said:
One must have standards. :hehe:
------------------
Yeah, and darn HIGH Standards too!!:rockwoot: You have no idea on how many guys I have "repeated" your Jessica Simpson quote to!:hehe: I always get a good laugh or comment like; "That's a great saying, who said that?"
I tell them CompDiesel Member "Dalpilot" since I don't know your real name.

---------
John_P

Greg go buy your OWN truck and build it like John_P has and I will PERSONALLY put up the $1000 so he can hand you your a$$.

I have raced John_P personally and he doesn't have a problem cutting one of these:tree:

John_P said:
------------------
Yeah, and darn HIGH Standards too!!:rockwoot: You have no idea on how many guys I have "repeated" your Jessica Simpson quote to!:hehe: I always get a good laugh or comment like; "That's a great saying, who said that?"
I tell them CompDiesel Member "Dalpilot" since I don't know your real name.

---------
John_P

I'm the other Tim!

DIESEL POWER said:

you just better hope that schied can build you something faster than what you have, 10.X .............man you have a ways to go before chatching greg or that # alone:hehe: :hehe:

Or he could just buy a bottle.... Get that water/meth oon yet????

DIESEL POWER said:

Well, are you going to bring John a keg of that almighty power adder "water" or are you going to hoard it all for yourself....:hehe: :hehe:

i think comp does have an advantage, but john pushed comp to this now we "might maybe" see a race, between keyboard racer and keyboard racer.....the usual comp D way......:hehe:

name brand WATER power adder here.............catch it before it's gone:hehe:

foodlion of course.......

Methinks that since ole Charlie Stewart stole Greg's thunder in his former ride this weekend, Greg is starving for attention.

I guess this is as close as Compie will get to bombing an African aspirin factory before testifying...

As far as risking the loss of your license, get over it. Its a friggin piece of paper saying you can drive. BFD!

Greg, you can't make chicken salad out of chicken chit. :rules: You and I both know that John is one of the nicest southern gentlemen you will ever meet.

DIESEL POWER said:

---------------------
Wade, I have no problems with you, so why are you trying to create some with me? I respect what you guys have done with your trucks and have never berated or attacked anything you have said, even though I don't always agree with you.

If you will go back and read my posts you will see my answer. The "Project X Truck" (which BTW COMP doesn't even own) is FAR LIGHTER than my 96' Dodge CTD which weighs close to 7,000 lbs. Contrary to what you think I am NOT an internet or keyboard racer as you put it. I have drag raced my truck alot over the last few months at many of the events here locally and withing the State of N.C. I was also at the Beech Bend Event (as you were) and had my high/reverse clutches go out after one pass of 12.98@110MPH. If you had read any of my posts here on this thread, you would have read that I lined up against Jeff Garmon at the "OBX Boutny Hunter Diesel Drags" in Creswell, NC. While I did lose to Jeff, I felt I gave him a good race at least until the 330 ft. mark. There was about 1300 pounds weight difference between our trucks. Here are some links to some passes I have made since you doubt what I am saying is true:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_w3N02P121c (Me and Garmon @ OBX)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FH05ByEyuEc (OBX Qualifying)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8U5TGahmqc (The Rock, NC.)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjcEE8uwoP8 (Run at local dragstrip)

Why would anyone "line-up" against someone they are clearly at a disadvantage with?? I could say to you, why don't you line your truck up against my good friends Jimmy and Dale Smiths Pro-Street Truck?? Why?
Because it would not be a fair race for you and you are at a disadvantage.
Common sense tells me that. If COMP's "Project X" Truck were closer to where it was originally, then yes, a drag between our trucks would be alot more even.

Sorry you feel the need to call me a "keyboard racer" and FWIW Jimmy and Dale Smiths Pro-Street Truck hit 9.97 at Indy and that engine was built by Scheid Diesel, regardless of what you think of them.

--------------
Respectfully,

John_P

Much better effort John, keep up with the tact. You're still trying to prove yourself a little too much with the multiple videos. I'm here for you as your life coach John.

John,after reading this I think you should take the race.The project x truck does have a pass with a faster time,but its a drag race and that truck project x truck doesnt run that everytime.I talked with you last year at BG and you are a stand up guy,you have nothing to lose.Even if and its a big if greg wins,what was accomplished.All the knowledge from god knows how many shops went into project x and it had big money backing.If greg wins what can he say all this engineering and money out ran a 10 year old 12 valve?(not insulting the truck just making a point).On the other hand you win what do we all get to say?I have never been impressed with project x,I think with all that backing its mediocre at best.So good luck and lets see a race.

RC

DIESEL POWER said:
name brand WATER power adder here.............catch it before it's gone:hehe:

foodlion of course.......
----------------
Wade:

Your right, I do run Scheid Diesels Water Injection System very similar to the system Jimmy and Dale Smith run on their Pro-Street Truck. I know and have seen your comments that you think water injection is a "power adder".
I have also read the thread and your posts on water injection in the "Water Gun Fight" Thread. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and I respect the fact you think it is a power adder. I know that almost ALL of the Modified DHRA Pulling Trucks run water injection to keep their engines cool too. You have to have some type of cooling to keep the EGTs down on engines with 800+ H.P. Yes, you can get by for awhile, but eventually the engine is going to be hurt.

FWIW, I have to run the water on my truck because if I don't, my EGTS will be too high. But, at present I am only running distilled water and an additive to lubricate the water pump and to keep rust out of the engine. The additive is "NAPA's Number 13." It is merely a lubricant and adds no power. I have run my truck with water and without it on the dyno until I am at the limits of the EGTS, and get no power increase from the water being added. Now, you guys are right, water WITH methanol added CAN and DOES add power and it did on my truck too. But,......the detonation was terrible in the upper RPM power band during my runs and I have not run it since. IMO, the "static" or "set" timing of the P-7100 fuel pump aggravates this detonation.

So whether you or the other members here believe what I am telling you, that is the truth.

Wade, I would be glad to show you or any of the other members here my mixture of water and water pump lubricant/rust preventer at any of the diesel events I attend. Heck, you can watch me open the containers and mix the two fluids and then pour the mixture into my water tank.

---------
John_P

John_P said:
---------------------
Wade, I have no problems with you, so why are you trying to create some with me? I respect what you guys have done with your trucks and have never berated or attacked anything you have said, even though I don't always agree with you.

If you will go back and read my posts you will see my answer. The "Project X Truck" (which BTW COMP doesn't even own) is FAR LIGHTER than my 96' Dodge CTD which weighs close to 7,000 lbs. Contrary to what you think I am NOT an internet or keyboard racer as you put it. I have drag raced my truck alot over the last few months at many of the events here locally and withing the State of N.C. I was also at the Beech Bend Event (as you were) and had my high/reverse clutches go out after one pass of 12.98@110MPH. If you had read any of my posts here on this thread, you would have read that I lined up against Jeff Garmon at the "OBX Boutny Hunter Diesel Drags" in Creswell, NC. While I did lose to Jeff, I felt I gave him a good race at least until the 330 ft. mark. There was about 1300 pounds weight difference between our trucks. Here are some links to some passes I have made since you doubt what I am saying is true:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_w3N02P121c (Me and Garmon @ OBX)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FH05ByEyuEc (OBX Qualifying)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8U5TGahmqc (The Rock, NC.)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjcEE8uwoP8 (Run at local dragstrip)

Why would anyone "line-up" against someone they are clearly at a disadvantage with?? I could say to you, why don't you line your truck up against my good friends Jimmy and Dale Smiths Pro-Street Truck?? Why?
Because it would not be a fair race for you and you are at a disadvantage.
Common sense tells me that. If COMP's "Project X" Truck were closer to where it was originally, then yes, a drag between our trucks would be alot more even.

Sorry you feel the need to call me a "keyboard racer" and FWIW Jimmy and Dale Smiths Pro-Street Truck hit 9.97 at Indy and that engine was built by Scheid Diesel, regardless of what you think of them.

--------------
Respectfully,

John_P
i mean no offence to you personally just like adding to the fire, you and comp are so funny:hehe: I digress

Dr Phil said:
Much better effort John, keep up with the tact. You're still trying to prove yourself a little too much with the multiple videos. I'm here for you as your life coach John.
--------------------
It's funny you are in here harrassing me again but not COMP! You gonna make some comments to him too??

John_P said:
----------------
Wade:

Your right, I do run Scheid Diesels Water Injection System very similar to the system Jimmy and Dale Smith run on their Pro-Street Truck. I know and have seen your comments that you think water injection is a "power adder".
I have also read the thread and your posts on water injection in the "Water Gun Fight" Thread. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and I respect the fact you think it is a power adder. I know that almost ALL of the Modified DHRA Pulling Trucks run water injection to keep their engines cool too. You have to have some type of cooling to keep the EGTs down on engines with 800+ H.P. Yes, you can get by for awhile, but eventually the engine is going to be hurt.

FWIW, I have to run the water on my truck because if I don't, my EGTS will be too high. But, at present I am only running distilled water and an additive to lubricate the water pump and to keep rust out of the engine. The additive is "NAPA's Number 13." It is merely a lubricant and adds no power. I have run my truck with water and without it on the dyno until I am at the limits of the EGTS, and get no power increase from the water being added. Now, you guys are right, water WITH methanol added CAN and DOES add power and it did on my truck too. But,......the detonation was terrible in the upper RPM power band during my runs and I have not run it since. IMO, the "static" or "set" timing of the P-7100 fuel pump aggravates this detonation.

So whether you or the other members here believe what I am telling you, that is the truth.

Wade, I would be glad to show you or any of the other members here my mixture of water and water pump lubricant/rust preventer at any of the diesel events I attend. Heck, you can watch me open the containers and mix the two fluids and then pour the mixture into my water tank.

---------
John_P
i agree totally:thankyou2:

John_P said:
--------------------
It's funny you are in here harrassing me again but not COMP! You gonna make some comments to him too??

DP: "thisp thisp" *** spits pubes *** Lifts head... "Who me? " :hehe:

Back