Caltracs vs homemade trac bars

madmikeismad

So mad
How are caltracs better? Does being attached at the leaf mount actually help anything? I'm trying to imagine the movement in my head, and it looks like it does effect the flex of the leaf some, but I can't figure out how it helps any more than a regular trac bar.

saw a set made for an 08 f250 with tractor 3rd members. pretty much the same mount points as caltracs but on top of the axle. truck went 12.8 with no hop. so they worked.

The cal tracs work great, you have to look at a picture of them to understand how they work. Thanks Steve B.

they work on my dually. 15 psi launches at 900hp and it hooked

caltracs?

I've seen pics of them, and I see how they mount over the spring, just wondering how the different mount points effected traction.

But now that I think about it, I see that mounting over the spring like that instead of on the frame prevents hop, instead of just axle wrap.

I'll have to see if I can make my own caltracs.

lol, that link is what convinced me to build them. I can get materials cheap in town, and time is nothing compared to the overall time it will take to finish the truck. And I like making my own stuff. Nothing like renopker, but I like to pretend I'm that good.

I just bought a set not hard to install. The only problem with them over the axel is it will not help weight transfer instead it will hurt it. But on a 4wd that wouldn't be as big of an issue.

i like the caltracs alot, dont have a set just yet but surely looking into getting some soon..

just did a set on my buddies gen1 lightning

dropped a 1/10th off his 60' instantly going from longbars... i think it will hook even better after we fool with it a little

Back