cam ruined block???? ever seen this?

m.bcustom

Team "Blackout"
Brand new 24v motor we put in and the block has arp mains and rod bolts and the bottom end was assembled when we got it... pistons were cut for a stage 5 colt cam and before we installed it cleared everything. after 10 min on the road lost #6 bridges and we put it back together and it ran another 10 and same so we figured faulty cam. removed pan and found cam wore the cam bearing journals in the block baD! anyone have seen this?

There was another guy on here a week ago or so that kept loosing 5 and 6 bridges on his new build with a Colt cam. I wonder if he ever found his problem? Hmmmmm...

Not enough assembly lube/oil on startup and the cam wears into the block at the back... I've read about it, but fortunately I've never seen it on anything I own.

Were the main and rod bearings checked or did you just assume that whoever assembled it did everything correctly. Were the bearings installed properly with the oil holes aligned? Were the bearings the proper ones for the crank and rods? What I mean is if the crank was turned 10/10 or something like that and standard bearings were used the tolerance would be too loose and the oil pressure would be down and that could have wiped out the cam bearings... Or was the block properly cleaned after machining and all the oil passages checked and cleaned and the proper galley plugs installed???

If I were building an engine from parts provided/assembled by someone else I would certainly double check their work before finishing and starting the engine.

I think ndaniels is dead one. That's why they say to crank the engine with no fuel until you can visually verify oil is going to the back rockers. The cam is eating into the block. Same exact thing happened to a guy on CF.

Cruel joke would be the main bearings upside down and no oil to the cam.

LOL on edit you'd have a lot more problem's than just the cam.....

Last edited: