Cam sensor? Rough idle

Gibson

There's no love in diesel
I'm throwing a P0148 code. Cam sensor hi/low circuit. My truck shakes bad at idel and has a miss. This code comes and goes. Fuel milage is still normal. Is this a common problem? Any other things I should check out? My truck has 118k with predator and 5" exhaust. Otherwise stock.

No code on mine, but idles rough and clears with no pattern, cycles of roughness under 10 seconds. Doesn't matter on engine temp. I'm saw/ am seeing chenges in mileage. Never gave any consideration to the CPS before.

I have a buddy with a spare I might try.

Mine shakes 24/7 no matter what temp or condition. Also engine noise is rather loud

I don't think mine is out of range like yours. Just erronious. I'll know in a few days.

Mine comes on all the time for that. It has been doing it since the new cam was put in.

The cam sensor on a third gen does nothing for performance. It is just there for diagnostic purposes.

I would run the valves first.

It sounds to me like something is loose, has the wiring been checked... there could be a break in one of the wires giving the pcm an erradic reading setting the code.. i do believe tho if the sensor was bad it would read bad at random even going down the road and the CEL would come on

Back