can anyone explain to me some pump info?

snow ram

Newb
im new to the CR scene (old 12 valve guy) and i just purchased an 05
and as far as my knowledge goes on pusher pumps and whatnot, all i have done is a glacier pump on some 2nd gen 24 valves

i have been looking at the fuel boss, the FASS 150 setups, the walbro pumps and the cp-3s and dual cp-3s

i have pretty much decided what i want to do with the truck as far as a bully dog with crazy larry, intake, exhaust and some upgrades to the auto.... the normal stuff. now my question is this, what kind of pump(s) am i going to need to keep the truck happy, and running properly?

the most the truck will see as far as beating on, is getting on the interstate and pulling a 19 foot boat out to the river in the summer. its just going to be my DD, but stock is no fun and neither is breaking down

-Josh

I would go with either the GDP fuel boss or the 392 Walbro kit.

There would be no need for dual pumps. A modded cp3 would be nice but it isn't needed with the upgrades listed. I've seen 650+ on a stock cp3. It just doesn't last long before the rail pressure crashes...

snow ram said:
im new to the CR scene (old 12 valve guy) and i just purchased an 05
and as far as my knowledge goes on pusher pumps and whatnot, all i have done is a glacier pump on some 2nd gen 24 valves

i have been looking at the fuel boss, the FASS 150 setups, the walbro pumps and the cp-3s and dual cp-3s

i have pretty much decided what i want to do with the truck as far as a bully dog with crazy larry, intake, exhaust and some upgrades to the auto.... the normal stuff. now my question is this, what kind of pump(s) am i going to need to keep the truck happy, and running properly?

the most the truck will see as far as beating on, is getting on the interstate and pulling a 19 foot boat out to the river in the summer. its just going to be my DD, but stock is no fun and neither is breaking down

-Josh

I've got an 05....Look at Signature.....Stock Cp3 and Sticks 530/1050

I bought the FASS 150/95gph..........I'm not sure at what point the 95gph pump will have to be upgraded to a 150gph but i'm probably not going to do much more for while.....I'm happy at 530hp......Good Daily driver

The Bulldog w/Crazy Larry works well on my truck....The MP8 also works well.....my truck made 486hp with just the C.L. program (Same Dyno runs, all other mods in place, just the mp8 turned Off)....the MP8 bumped it the extra 45 rwhp......Not bad in my opinion...

With the Bullydog OUTLOOK monitor setup that I have, I can go from STOCK power to the Crzy Lry in a flip of a thumb.......Very nice if you don't wanna be blowin smoke all over everyone when your drivin stop and go!!!

$.02

Last edited:
If your interested in a Fass I have one that is off my 05 dually. Had to upgrade to larger one due to never ending pursuit of power!!!!Never ran the other pumps mentioned but countless threadshave been posted on these forums and they all seem to be good choices,Just personal preference( kinda like which brand of peanut butter is best) you will get different inputs based on what they have experience with and performance they are trying to achieve. I have Fass pumps on both my 01 3500's work trucks and have had no problems too date. Have been running on my 05 3500 with equally good results. What ever you end up with I'm sure you will be happy.