can i just unplug my egr?

chevyboy34

i heard i can just unplug my egr toward the front of the engine? can anything go wrong? i want to see if it works until i can afford and have time after school to get the whole egr detete system. can anyone explain the whole process? thanks by the way its a 2004 if that makes a difference.

You can it kinda works... But if the EGR cooler is clogged its still going to give out.. the coolant and boost is still flowing threw it... FCDP has a complete or partal kit for a good price.

I just got a block off kit and its working good so far.. its a little cheaper too, and once they start cracking down on this emission crap, it still looks like you have a cooler

i heard i can just unplug my egr toward the front of the engine? can anything go wrong? i want to see if it works until i can afford and have time after school to get the whole egr detete system. can anyone explain the whole process? thanks by the way its a 2004 if that makes a difference.

Don't do anything until you get the EGR delete kit. You can also bypass the EGR with the delete kit etc, while your doing this change your oil cooler as well.

Back