Can i run a holley black fuel pump without the factory pump in the tank??????

noll08

It's Bad
My factory pump in my tank went out and i have a holley black that i have been runnin. i was wonderin can i just take the factory one out and run just the holley???

pump

I ran a holley black alone for 50,000 miles. I had to replace it about every 15-20,000 though.

alright..at least it should get me by for now. i might just go ahead and get the air dog setup but dk yet

like what did u do with your stock pump? and did u have a draw straw?

I'm running holley's HP black pump, knocked out the stock one. Used a dremel to take out the 'waffles' on top of the canister and used a -8 bulkhead fit. with a -8 hose end attached to -8 rubber fuel hose then shoved inside -8 alum. fuel line and notched the end to sit on bottom of fuel tank, that way I could bend/form around the float/fuel gauge.

Also used a fuel press. reg (aeromotive's, alum. housing) with a gasser jet on top of the spring (inside regulator) and drilled/tapped to beable to be boost assisted.

My stock pump is on the side of the filter housing, it went out so i ripped the guts out of it and am using a holly black one the frame rail pushing through the stock filter. No problems so far.

My stock pump is on the side of the filter housing, it went out so i ripped the guts out of it and am using a holly black one the frame rail pushing through the stock filter. No problems so far.

Are you running any kind of filter before the cp3?? How much pressure are you pushing thru the stock filt.?? So basically if you're NOT using a filt. before the cp3, you could be pushing crap thru, taking a big $$$ chance of damaging the cp3 and inj.

What I'm hinting at, is everyone should install a 2micron fuel filt. right before the cp3 which ensures nice clean fuel...even if it's only a stock truck.

agreed, i run 2-2 micron filters and 2-Fleetguard Fuel water seperators and one inline 40 micron filter before my A1000. gotta do all i can to save the new sticks

Save your money and buy the AirDog-II, you'll never again need to worry about fuel supply and it'll last the life of the truck.

Save your money and buy the AirDog-II, you'll never again need to worry about fuel supply and it'll last the life of the truck.

Isn't Air dog is only 5 micron?? I've seen a few threads that some can't find the filters except thru a.d.

Are you running any kind of filter before the cp3?? How much pressure are you pushing thru the stock filt.?? So basically if you're NOT using a filt. before the cp3, you could be pushing crap thru, taking a big $$$ chance of damaging the cp3 and inj.

What I'm hinting at, is everyone should install a 2micron fuel filt. right before the cp3 which ensures nice clean fuel...even if it's only a stock truck.

I'm assuming he knocked the guts outa the factory pump that was on the filter housing and it still using the factory filter setup. After that many miles with no filtration woulda at least destroyed the injectors. But yes just bite the bullet and by an AirDog and be done with it.

im running a airdog 150 with a draw straw, left the stock pump and filter in place as a backup

dont waste your time and money on the holley pump, you'll be replacing it every 3 months or so

Ditch the stock pump and buy an AirDog or a FASS, and get with Vulcan Diesel Performance for a LibertyFuel Module w/ Draw Straw V, or a Draw Straw V and you will not have any problems.

dont waste your time and money on the holley pump, you'll be replacing it every 3 months or so

Been with the same pump for 14 months...used to use it on my street toy and never had problems either. On the noise, ever heard of rubber inbetween frame/pump??

Ditch the stock pump and buy an AirDog or a FASS, and get with Vulcan Diesel Performance for a LibertyFuel Module w/ Draw Straw V, or a Draw Straw V and you will not have any problems.

Those 'kits' are for ones who can't make/fab up their own....there's AN fittings that are available as well as filter bases for a little bit of savings.

Been with the same pump for 14 months...used to use it on my street toy and never had problems either. On the noise, ever heard of rubber inbetween frame/pump??

Your one of the lucky one's then, everybody I know around here that runs them aint had no luck out of them at all

Your one of the lucky one's then, everybody I know around here that runs them aint had no luck out of them at all

How did they have them wired up?? I have mine using the stock fuel pump wiring, that way the pump doesn't get over heated-stays cool with fuel running thru.