Can I run a return fuel tube to the bottom of the tank?

turbomike

I'm dropping the fuel tank to add a 1/2 inch fuel pick up tube. I'm planning on adding a fuel return tube also. Can I run a return tube, 1/2 inch, down close to the bottom of the tank ? The fitting will be at the top of the tank, with a tube sticking down into the fuel . Can I put it right next to the pickup tube ? What about 2 return tubes, one for the stock return line and one from a bypass regulator ?

I personally wouldn't do that--it will put extra strain on the pump to displace the fuel in the return tube...chris

The stock return goes towards the bottom of the tank. And my redneck version sits on the bottom.

You guys see any issue in using the stock feed line for a return? I've got my 1/2 FASS drawpipe, then just used the 3/8" factory feed line for the return.

Chris

Fass

Chris,
Ive got mine tied in to the fill tube were the return from the pump goes back to. Do you just have the pump or the complete system?

HPFP...the instructions just say to use the factory OF valve and return line, so I would think using the feed line would work fine. Hasn't seemed to caue any problems checking for leaks...but I haven't fired the truck yet!

Chris

Signature600 said:
HPFP...the instructions just say to use the factory OF valve and return line, so I would think using the feed line would work fine. Hasn't seemed to caue any problems checking for leaks...but I haven't fired the truck yet!

Chris

Is firing the truck up in the near future???:poke:

Adam

Down to wiring everything up, and fabbing up the Garrett Stg III charger setup:(

I think!

Maybe have it running Turkey day!
Chris

Back