Can i spool this???

jktcummins

24v GOD!!!! HAHAHA
Ok i just bought the truck 94 in my sig. It has a 650cc pump and fixing to have Laser cut DVs, over sized fuel lines, and has 5x18 injectors what ever that means, a Pulling cam with fly cut pistons, head flow is improved by 30% and it has a Industrial Injection S400 hybrid with a 71mm compressor wheel. I am not sure about the turbo. I plan on sled pulling with the truck and just driving it around doesnt seem like its going to spool. Just looking for some opinions.

I have no clue. Bought the truck for the engine already beening built. Its just a hybrid S400 with a 71 cm compressor. I will look on the housings and see if i can find any numbers.

The tight converter will not like the turbo, or the other way around. How ever you want to look at it. If you want a big single, loosen up the converter.

Define fairly tight. If it is an ATS pulling convertor it will light.

Its a DTT converter. The tranny was built with the intention of drag racing.

It should spool if you don't have timing set very high. I have gone through three DTT converters trying to get one loose enough for my truck/turbo/timing combo. FWIW, none have been loose enough to suit my tastes.

BgBlDodge said:
Is anything good enough to suit your tastes? LOL
Yep. I've got some parts from a texan that work. :evil:

I just didn't appreciate spending $600 on a 'fresh' 'looser' DTT converter that stalled 100rpm higher than the previous one when I'd requested a 500 rpm stall increase and "we should be able to do that." The next time DTT services were done WITHOUT my approval at my expense of $400 and the stall was unchanged from before. When questioned "it wasn't their fault".

I don't recommend that business owners tell their customers one thing, take their money and do something different. It sucks and I'm $1000 poorer for the experience.

I used to recommend DTT parts and even helped sell 6 of my friends DTT transmissions at an average cost of $6000 each. $42000 later (mine plus theirs) and DTT Headquarters has refused to warranty to every transmission any of the us have been sold. They've charged us over $6000 in repairs while transmission have been under full warranty.

Don't get me wrong, our local installer has bent over backwards to help us, but when DTT HQ rejects the warranty its money out of his pocket.

Goerend has bent over backwards to help me with my spooling issues. Granted I have had at least 5 different convertors in my truck changing the tightness of the convertor. Stall speed is almost impossible to ask for on a turbo charged truck, since the stall of the convertor has a lot to do with the power going in.

im going to jump on board here, i have been kicking around the idea of getting a looser converter from dave. i love my tranny i just think a looser converter might help spool my lil single a little bit better...

lotero said:
im going to jump on board here, i have been kicking around the idea of getting a looser converter from dave. i love my tranny i just think a looser converter might help spool my lil single a little bit better...

Are you looking for a looser converter for your 62/14 in your sig? If so ask him to build you the 15 blade "Garrett" converter. I was the first to have that converter and I liked it combined with my 66/14.

joefarmer said:
Yep. I've got some parts from a texan that work. :evil:

I just didn't appreciate spending $600 on a 'fresh' 'looser' DTT converter that stalled 100rpm higher than the previous one when I'd requested a 500 rpm stall increase and "we should be able to do that." The next time DTT services were done WITHOUT my approval at my expense of $400 and the stall was unchanged from before. When questioned "it wasn't their fault".

I don't recommend that business owners tell their customers one thing, take their money and do something different. It sucks and I'm $1000 poorer for the experience.

I used to recommend DTT parts and even helped sell 6 of my friends DTT transmissions at an average cost of $6000 each. $42000 later (mine plus theirs) and DTT Headquarters has refused to warranty to every transmission any of the us have been sold. They've charged us over $6000 in repairs while transmission have been under full warranty.

Don't get me wrong, our local installer has bent over backwards to help us, but when DTT HQ rejects the warranty its money out of his pocket.

Glad to know that at least something can stand up to ya. Figures it would be from Texas. ;)

I'm starting to see a trend here with DTT and their warranty. Makes me nervous.

Well i can understand all the trouble. I have a full built ats and have had it in and out and sent oto them several times. They have been great with helping me out but i feel like the are kindof slacking on the customer service. But they have been great thus far.

Well about my 94 is has low compression pistons and the timing is bumped up to 26*
I talk to haislys to day and patty said i should have no problem just need to mess with the timing and fuel plate to find a good combo.

Bobcat698 said:
Are you looking for a looser converter for your 62/14 in your sig? If so ask him to build you the 15 blade "Garrett" converter. I was the first to have that converter and I liked it combined with my 66/14.

That sound like the conveter in my truck, spools the 62/14 really nice.