can the block be machined for larger studs???

BKB

So it seems the 6.0 will blow HGs at some point no matter what. I have a 05 that i tow a 10k 5th wheel and my plan was to run no tune, but it dosent preform like my OBS did. So my dream is to keep this truck for a long time and have minimal issues while towing with extra power from a tune. Can the block be machined for a larger diamater studs like the 06-07s. Is there enough meat there for an even larger stud? Would larger studs, deleted EGR, and installing valve seats make this motor hold combustion gasses??? Seems the 6.4 issesn't having as many HG issuse is it simply the larger/shorter bolts or are there other reasons??? Or am i simply paranoid and once i deck my heads and install replacement studs i will be fine for 100k miles or more?

Should be fine decking the heads and checking the block.

Delete the EGR and EGR cooler
Head Studs
Don’t get your egt's above 1200 degrees

Will all help you. To the best of my knowledge, the larger studs are just drilled and tapped into our blocks. The 6.4's are a different block but the 07's aren't.

If your obs is outperformed your 6.0 you have other issues that need looked at

If your obs is outperformed your 6.0 you have other issues that need looked at

The SD has been in 3 different dealers for what i thought was lack of power. It has been reflashed, new turbo center section, and they say all is good. I did what i could and changed all filters, checked fuel PSI and all is good, also installed 4'' turbo back exhaust with just muffler. Truck seems to run decent but in no way is it a power house, i tend to think a v10 would walk past me. Truck only has 46k miles and runs flawless and get respectable MPG or 15.5 in town, 19 highway, and 12 towing 10k pound 5th wheel.

I think the only one who had bigger studs was Corey.....I dont think they were 6.4 studs. They werent avaible when he did it

Back