can the smarty factory un vin lock a tuner

6.7cummins2371

my truck was recently totalled and i had the smarty s-67 in it but i was not able to un lock it before the wrecker took it is there anyway smarty can unlock it from the factor so i can use it on my new truck?

Flash the smarty with new software and it should unlock it, or at least I would think it would.

I'm in the same boat but my ecm was burnt so no going to junk yard to unlock it. Its a 500 dollar paper weight now.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 2

I'm in the same boat but my ecm was burnt so no going to junk yard to unlock it. Its a 500 dollar paper weight now.

Does your new ecm have the same vin number programmed into it? It will unlock as long as the numbers match.

my truck was recently totalled and i had the smarty s-67 in it but i was not able to un lock it before the wrecker took it is there anyway smarty can unlock it from the factor so i can use it on my new truck?

If you can send me the wrecked truck ecm and smarty , I can unlock it on the bench. That is my only option for you.

So there is nothing you can do without the wrecked trucks ECM ?

Had this happen before with a few guys I know. Wrecked their trucks or caught on fire and couldn't access ECM with the tuner with the old TNT/r software. Ended up just buying a new programmer.

My old truck was in a fire it was a 08 6.7 I now have a 06 5.9 so its not gonna work. Its a 500 dollar paper weight that I got to use for a month.

Back