can u turn off tpms?

dodge6.7

hey guys, got an 09 2500. gonna put a 2" leveling kit and 35's on it. heard that that the tire pressure monitoring system dings all the time with the bigger tires? is there any way to turn it off or disable it? this sounds like a pain in the a**!

yeah it only dings once but the light stays on all the time its very annoying and i wouldnt recomend putting 35s with a leveling kit mine rub

yeah it only dings once but the light stays on all the time its very annoying and i wouldnt recomend putting 35s with a leveling kit mine rub

How bad do they rub? Did you get your rims offset any? I was told that I might have to trim a little plastic...

How bad do they rub? Did you get your rims offset any? I was told that I might have to trim a little plastic...

they dont rub horrible its still driveable with them but it doesnt rub plastic any where mine rub behind the wheel on the fender but ive heard a new 4 link setup will fix the problem and my rims are 10inch wide with 4.50inch backspacing

yes you can get your dealer to lower the pressure to 28lbs. Just had it done yesterday, no light on the dash and the truck rides so much smoother.

yes you can get your dealer to lower the pressure to 28lbs. Just had it done yesterday, no light on the dash and the truck rides so much smoother.

will that still work with different rims??? my dealer said they couldnt do anything about it

Can the dealer turn the TPMS completely off? No. The best thing to do would be to find rims that allow you to use the sensors in them. If the wireless control module sees the sensors missing, it will turn on the light no matter what. Im not sure if the system will allow you to turn the threshold pressure all the way down to zero, ive never had to before, but then you could just stick them in the truck somewhere just so the WCM could get an active 0 signal from them.

You can turn the pressure down to 28psi as stated, or install all 4 in the spare.

In my Expedition I made a 6" long container from PVC and some caps. Drilled and tapped a schrader valve on 1 end. threw all 4 into the tube and pumped it up. It has held pressure for 4 months now with no issues. Damn truck drove me crazy chiming the whole time I had the tires aired down on the beach.

so i can put all 4 in the spare? or just take them out and put them in a tube like stated. How exactly does the computer get this signal. If this is true, you could just throw the container into the bottom of a tool box and forget about it.

The wireless control module gets a radio signal from the sensors. Its the same module that picks up your keyless entry, located in your steering column with an antenna that also looks for the transponder in your key to allow the truck to start. Each sensor has an eight didgit ID, and the WCM knows if one is missing. Yes like stated you could just put them in a tube and throw them in you toolbox. Just try not to let them bounce into each other too much. They are cheap pieces of junk.

Good question. I dont know though. Glad I dont have that crap to deal with.

before posting: you should ask your self if your post is informative or atleast helpfull to others, and not completely pointless...

-Rob

In my Expedition I made a 6" long container from PVC and some caps. Drilled and tapped a schrader valve on 1 end. threw all 4 into the tube and pumped it up. It has held pressure for 4 months now with no issues. Damn truck drove me crazy chiming the whole time I had the tires aired down on the beach.

That's creative... I wish I had thought of that before I got mad at the "check tire" light and removed my after-market tires and wheels...

-Rob

finally got to the dealership today and they lowered my pressure to 28 lbs. I put my stock sensors in my new 20" rims and now no more light!!!!! I got tired of the dinging too. I have heard that the new superchips will disable the tpms, that's hearsay. Has anyone else heard or know if this is true??

:rockwoot:just a heads up, superchips DOES turn off the tpms..... i have had a flashpaq laying around and did an update for datalogging, all of a sudden i got the option to turn OFF the tpms, if you have one or know someone who does borrow it, no need ti upload , it is in the quick feature menu.:cheer: